Transfering from Bus/Law @ UWS to Bus/Law @ NSW (1 Viewer)

piecheck

HSC
N/A
Heyy ppl, i was just wondering how easy or hard it would be to transfer from western syd to NSW in Bus/Law.

I got offered this course at UWS this year, but its not where i want to be, i want to do my degree at NSW for obvious reasons...im worried its going to be hard to transfer though, for example my friends doing economics at UWS apparently got good grades yet didnt get a transfer to anwhere..is it cos UWS is shit?? is that why no other uni's acceped her?

Thing is ive also heard of ppl doing business at UWS and failing a subject yet still getting their transfer to UTS bus..

Do they take into acount that ur at UWS before they accept u? ..and what would kind of grade point average would i need to transfer into bus/law at NSW?

dm4n

HSC
well they take into account ur uai and gpa 50/50 so a UAI of 97+ and a high credit or distinction average will be good enough

M@C D@DDY

HSC
They disregard what uni your at, all they look at with the transfer is your UAI and GPA in your first year. What has been said above is correct and it is increasingly harder now to get that transfer.

And i'm answering this assuming that you mean you want to study com/law at UNSW because there is no Bus/law degree at UNSW.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
The GPA you need depends on the UAI you got but no one knows exactly what they will accept.

Myself and two others I know transfered out of UWS to Mac
Myself with Uai of 94 and slightly above a credit average
Another friend with a UAI of 91ish and credit average (at the end of second year)
Another friend with a UAI of 89 and I think a bit higher than a credit average
So as you can see it depends on the combo of marks as people said its 50/50 but you'd need higher than these examples I believe.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
If you're interested in transferring to Macquarie law I have this table on successful transferees:
(btw UNSW has Commerce/Law as opposed to Business/Law:p)

Last edited:

pincho

HSC
sorry but what exactly makes UWS 'shit'? is it because all the fancies like Macquarie, UTS and UNSW think theyre better? i got into my course at uws (advanced business leadership - 90 UAI) when i could have easily gotten into business admin at Macquarie which was 82 uai.

Or is it because everyone who wants to be an employee for their lives are worried what their Employers think about their Titles and what Uni they went to.. i dont know about you but half my teachers at UWS also teach at the big unis like Mac and UTS.. the campus at Parra is relatively modern.. especially with the new buildings and Labs there.. and i havent seen a uni with most of its content Online with a sophisticated Network system.. hell.. mac students have to go on campus to manually fill out their timetable.. UWS is all online... thats for my vent, i get worked when people start standing down other Unis.. like come on its not school rivalry again

Snooty

HSC
pincho said:
mac students have to go on campus to manually fill out their timetable..
Only in first year. imo macs timetable system is better than UWS'

pincho

HSC
what do they do in the second year for mac students?

i mean everybody is attempting to go to university (well those who want to) after school, and when it comes to the higher courses in the different areas.. does it really matter? If you want a certain job your goin to go for it regardless where your background is from.. 2 years after you've completed your degree employers want to know whether you can do a job properly rather than if your title says I came from Usyd or wherever..

i guess its the same as school.. reputation based.. some of the brightest HSC students came out of the 'not so good' public schools in comparison to the higher private and selective schools, but theyre still looked down upon by people who didnt experience anything other than their own school... having been at UWS for a short period of time.. i know what people talk about in terms of reputation of certain ppl that are there.. but you hang around who you want to, and associate to who you think will further your studies.. thats just my opinion atm.. i could be completely wrong and someone who experienced UWS then macq then UNSW or something think that UWS is the hole of the earth.. then again i prolly wont exxperience that cause my course is only 3 years

Snooty

HSC
Pretty much from second semester you can create the timetables online. First sem, you go in campus and just they show you how to do it all. Which is alright considering i had to help some of my friends do their UWS timetables since they didnt have a clue lol.

pincho

HSC
ahh yeah we had a tutorial day showing us how to use the online registration etc.. cause its a big difference from taking subjects at school haha.. gotta get into the site quickly, take ur units b4 its all filled up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)