Transfering from Macquarie Law and International studies (1 Viewer)

Andrew_MM

HSC
Hey,

I'm going to attempt to transfer from Macquarie where I'm studying law and international studies into Sydney or Unsw for the same degree.

My UAI was 95.15 and my first semester results were 2 HDs and 2 Cs.

How do my chances look if I maintain these results in the second semester?

I'm going to apply by web. Which should I put as my first prefence? Unsw is more difficult to get to transport wise. Does anyone know whether one uni is more compatible with the subjects I have already studied at Macquarie? The law subjects I've done are Jurisprudence, and I'm doing Law, Lawyers and Society this semester. The rest of my subjects have been electives- but I've kept the 'law theme' doing politics and history subjects.

So, if anyone could give me a hand and help me to decide which uni I should place as first perference, that would be great. All I have to do is apply by web, and I'll be issued with new student number/ password for the UAC website, right?

I don't have to alert Macquarie, and if I fail in transfering to Sydney or Unsw, there will still be a position for me at Mac, of course (I'm being paranoid).

Thanks.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
assuming your subjects are worth equal credit points, your gpa for first semester is 6, which is a distinctio average. If you maintain these results during the 2nd semester then youre within a chance of getting in.
I heard for USYD law, you need at least 96+ UAI and D average, so if you do slightly better during 2nd sem, youre within a chance. UNSW would roughly be the same as well.

Andrew_MM

HSC
jemsta said:
assuming your subjects are worth equal credit points, your gpa for first semester is 6, which is a distinctio average. If you maintain these results during the 2nd semester then youre within a chance of getting in.
I heard for USYD law, you need at least 96+ UAI and D average, so if you do slightly better during 2nd sem, youre within a chance. UNSW would roughly be the same as well.
Yes, they are all worth equal credit points.

Does anyone know if Sydney or Unsw is more compatible with Macquarie?

Andrew_MM

HSC
velox said:
My friend transferred from comlaw macq to comlaw usyd. Credited most of his stuff except for his computing subject.
I would hate to think that all this years study was for nothing. I was looking at the Sydney website, and the area of study for year 1 at Sydney seems to cover a lot which is covered in later years at Macquarie.

Has anyone trasnfered from Macquarie law to Sydney law, and if so, what was your experience??? Did you have to study an extra year/ semester? Did the university live up to the hype?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)