Transfering to Law (1 Viewer)

a_person86

HSC
I wont be receiving a high UAI, not high enough for Law anway. Although this is the case, i still want to get into B.Business(Accounting)/BLaw. So Ive decided to apply for a single degree in Accounting, then using UWS Guranteed Transfer Scheme to get me into the double degree. I need a credit average to do so right? Whats the go after i transfer? Like do i start first year Law shit or something:S?

Another thing, if i planned to afterwards transfer externally, what universities would be more willing to accept me from UWS? Like USYD and UNSW are just cunts there, i cant see them letting anyone without 99 UAI in, but how bout UTS on the other hand??? What average do i need to get to do so as well????

zzangelzz

Queen of the Damned
HSC
Just clearing something up, to apply for the Guaranted Internal Course Transfer Scheme you need an ABOVE Credit average, which means 3 Credits and one distinction, or 1 pass, 1 High distiction and 2 credits. The imperative part is that your GPA (grade point average) is above 5.

klh

HSC
read through this thread: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=45647
at the end of the thread download the pdf file.

good info for transferring.

double degrees typically do both degrees concurrently (at the same time) but you can ask the coordinator how you can structure your enrolments. Thing is some units can overlap in the timetable so its better to follow the schedule.

hope it helps

memo

If you do manage to get the transfer you will basically be a semester behind at first. But since a lot of the foundation units are offered both semesters it shouldn't be long till you catch up by doing law units where you previously had business electives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)