transfering to physiotherapy (1 Viewer)

k150764

HSC
i was aiming for physiotherapy
however i'm not doing that well to achieve 97 UAI so far

just a question
is it easy to get into sports excersise degree and transfer to physio??

can someone explain the process i have no idea ty

juggernaut

HSC
get into exercise and sport science (~ uai of 87), aim to achieve a credit average (atleast) and attempt to get into master of physiotherapy at the end of your 3 years. transfers from exss straight to physiotherapy MIGHT be possible, but would be a distinction average minimum in your first year. (not easy, first year exss is hard - its pretty much the same subjects as physio)

alternatively, health sciences may still have the gaurantee entry into graduate courses like they did this year, so if you did health science and finished with a credit average you recieve a definite spot into masters of physiotherapy.

keep in mind master of phys costs ~50k, csp places are very limited and extremely competitive

Fogell

HSC
also UWS is opening up a physio course. Not sure when theyll take first years but itl probably start from 2010. Judging by the uai requirments for its other courses itl be lower than the usyd cuttoff. And if you can get a 95-96 uai you'll probably get into Usyd because the usyd cuttoff will probably go down with the opening of UWS-(increases supply of physio offers)

good luck

btw juggernaut since you're probably in ur final year?? when you went for your clinicals at private practices how many patients did you see in the clinic a day? like are their atlease 10 patients a day that the physios see altogether? Because they seem empty most of the time.

fionang8191

HSC
N/A
you could just do a B Health Science (BHS) for 3 years and then do Masters in Physiotherapy for 2 years at Usyd. It is pretty much the same if you want to do one year and then transfer into B Applied Science (physio) which is 4 years. i think that doing BHS first and then doing masters next is better just cause its 5 years all up and you graduate with 2 degrees and when you go into the workforce, apparently you get paid more since you have done a masters degree.. and it also helps if you want to get into the more senior roles/jobs. The BHS is a recognised course to get into the Masters of Physio if you have done a Movement Science major from your 2nd year onwards.. and it isn't too hard to get into the masters course cause you get guaranteed entrance if you have a credit average.. which isn't too hard if you study a bit.. most of the people in BHS want to do the masters in physio anyways... so yea!

fionang8191

HSC
N/A
Usyd's cumbo campus rocks! you wouldn't want to go to anywhere else!

Caporalek

HSC
ah im in the same situation, i REALLY want to do physio at Sydney but im not sure i can get mid-high 90s... thanks for the help anyway

i got a booklet from Sydney Uni saying the the B of Health Sciences gives possibilities to get into Physio, but im not sure if you complete the whole course or transfer across after 1 year...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)