Transfering to UNSW (1 Viewer)

rob92

HSC
I am currently thinking about transfering from UWS to UNSW and just need some clarification on how they determine your 'rank'
At the moment i am doing a B. Business and Commerce at UWS and not exactly enjoying it. I plan on holding out the rest of this year, but thinking of transfering to a B. of Science at UNSW at the start of 2011

I would have had the required ATAR to do it, but didnt really think about it

Basically i want to know whether they determine their transfers based on their ATAR, GPA or a mixture of the two (and if so how does it work) ?

Current ATAR for B. Science (UNSW) is like 78

If its a mixture or only GPA is considered, does anyone have any idea on what GPA will be needed ?

hornydickface

Banned
HSC
dirty lebs and non stop fucking greeks talking how good they are goes to UWS. so if your one of them fuck off.

JEWISH PRIDE BABY!

samiisaturn

HSC
N/A
Main focus is your GPA after a year of study. What would be required for that course i'm not too sure. I have asked UQ about this and they advised me a Credit average is a ranking similar to 85-ish...can't remember exactly.

if it helps I know of plenty of people without UAI's who have transfered to UNSW, so I can only assume they would only take it under consideration if your GPA is not too great.

EDIT: Tranx from UWS I mean

Last edited:

samiisaturn

HSC
N/A
oh and a GPA of 4 is required to get unto Science at Maqu, so maybe something a little higher than that.

rob92

HSC
ok thanks man

also, does anyone happen to know if this is different if i only complete one semester at UWS. I read in one of the stickied threads that if you don't complete a ful years study at a university, they only decide your rank from your uai (this was in 2004). Is this still the case ?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
generally transfers (internal ones at least) require either 75+ WAM OR high UAI + 65+ WAM.

try looking at the unsw website.

we don't use gpa (because it's the shittest system to have ever been invented) we use WAM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)