Transfering (1 Viewer)

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
Hi all, i like to now how difficult it is to transfer from a course to another course, keeping in mind both are in the same faculty.

HSC
Hmmm I'm seriously considering transferring out of B. Engineering (Electrical) to possibly either a B. Commerce (finance major probably) or B. Maths and Finance after the end of this session. I know its early days but I'm really thinking engineerings not for me and I don't want to hang around waiting till it gets better TOO long (if it does) before its a few years and shit some unnecessarily larger hecs debt than i needed.

My UAI was 80.90, which is above the Commerce cut off (80) but slightly below Maths and Finance (82), although I am a local :D, although I'm not sure that +3 UAI thing applies once I'm IN uni lol.

Is it possible to make this transfer after one session? If so, what marks would I need this session to stand a chance of transferring (I want to at least have the option open, even if I decide to stay in the end)?

Last edited:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
UAC transfers after first session are based purely on UAI because uni marks aren't out yet. So you'd be fine for Commerce, but not necessarily for Maths and Finance.
(I did this back in the old days).

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Josie is right, so what you'd be be doing is getting some of the core subjects for maths/finance out of the way, especially those that can also be used for your engineering (if any? possibly a maths one?). And then try and transfer making a point that you did those subjects, loved them and found that commerce/finance is more for you than engineering.

HSC
yeah i do my maths with maths/finance people, everything else wouldn't be relevant to commerce.

So what you're saying is if I can't transfer straight in maths/finance (it's what I'm leanin towards) transfer into commerce after this session, do the core subjects (although I'd have to forfeit the chance to finish the other maths subject next session, do it next year?) and then try for another transfer at the end of the year?

Last edited:

iPud

HSC
If you can, enrol in some "electives" from the general schedule which come from commerce or maths/finance, so it will be easier to transfer.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
yeah, first year subjects are brilliant, especially ones which span quite a few degrees as core subjects.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Oh yeah, it's lovely. I just want to make love to Bob's facial hair... mmmmm :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)