Transfering... (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by s2ophie
Does anyone know what is the likelihood of being able to transfer from arts to International Studies? I worried that the UAI for International Studies will go up beyond my reach and i have to make a decision - do arts and hope to transfer over or go to canberra!?!
I think u have a decent chance if ur UAI is close to the cutoff and u get Credits and Distinctions in your first year

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
what about if you're transferring from aonther uni to unsw?
i'm trying to transfer from uts to unsw to do art theory/arts
like is it true that i have to pass all my subjects this year to be successful?

cos uac give offers in mid january, right? but this semeste'rs uni marks aren't released till late january, right?
so........

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by johnson
what about if you're transferring from aonther uni to unsw?
i'm trying to transfer from uts to unsw to do art theory/arts
like is it true that i have to pass all my subjects this year to be successful?

cos uac give offers in mid january, right? but this semeste'rs uni marks aren't released till late january, right?
so........
well..as long as ur averages are good...ie if u get fail but sumthin like a distinction to cancel it, it should b alrite, im not sure

yeh UAC offers in mid jan, and dude u'll get ur marks in mid-december, that's what ive been told anyway, we get uni marks before HSC results are out

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
holy crapcakes
argh
i was thinking of just not bothering to study for my final exams in the coming days :(

thanks heaps for the heads up dude, as always.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Thanx to Minai & everyone else whose answered my Qs on da thread, i really appreciate it.:)

But now i got myself a dilemma. Seeing as though it's unlikely i won't get in2 my preferred Commerce course straight in, i've put Arts down at both MQ and UNSW.

oK here's the dilemma, should i do Arts @ MQ where transferring is a lot easier, but where every1 says its reputation et al is not as good as the Go8 unis. Or should i do Arts @ UNSW, where from wot i've heard its damn hard to transfer in2 Commerce, but the uni has a good rep, nicer buildings, better teaching, etc.?

Cheers GuYs:D

pressured

i fink u should jus do arts at UNSW and try your best to transfer into commerce.....i don't realli know why....but i just think it would be better :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree
its much easier actually, if u are successful, to merge into commerce if u did arts @ UNSW in 1st year. This is because if u did ur degree at UNSW u are basically gonna get full credit for the 1st year subjects u did, whereas, courses done at other uni's will only give u 50% credit (meaning u'll be behind 1 semester). Secondly, arts is fairly flexible, and u can do 2 of the 3 core/compulsory commerce subjects in arts every semester (ie 4 of the 6 in 1st yr)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Secondly, arts is fairly flexible, and u can do 2 of the 3 core/compulsory commerce subjects in arts every semester (ie 4 of the 6 in 1st yr)
oK thanx, so if i did go down the Arts path, wot would happen to da 2 out of 6 subjects i'm not able to do w/ Arts, would i have to do it over the hols or somethin like that? And which are the 2 core subj u cant do in Arts?

Also, if i did mange to transfer, would i join the Comm course in da 2nd yr?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by AcStyle*
oK thanx, so if i did go down the Arts path, wot would happen to da 2 out of 6 subjects i'm not able to do w/ Arts, would i have to do it over the hols or somethin like that? And which are the 2 core subj u cant do in Arts?

Also, if i did mange to transfer, would i join the Comm course in da 2nd yr?
Well, u can catch them up in 2nd year, because u can possibly credit those 2 arts subjects u did as electives, which means in 3rd year u wont need to do elective subjects.
The 2 subjects, it depends on what u want to do, because in 1st year commerce/eco, u have to do Accounting 1A and 1B, Quantitative Methods A and B, and Microeconomics 1 and Macroeconomics 1

If u did transfer, yes u'd be in commerce, but u'd be starting ur major late, and would need to catch up on a couple of subjs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)