Transferring Advice (1 Viewer)

gorgo31

HSC
Hi everyone, I was hoping you'd be able to advise my on my current dilemma.

The number one course I wanted to do was B Creative Arts / B Laws at the University of Melbourne. I ended up missing their Clearly-In cut-off by 0.90. So I've applied to do B Creative Arts and will apply for a transfer at the end of first year. The problem with this is that at University of Melbourne, transferring into Law is an internal transfer and therefore my good UAI won't be used. While the "entire academic history" is considered, I've been told that the most important factor is first year results. You need around an 80 to be very competitive.

The other option is Arts at Sydney Uni. I don't like the degree as much, but I've been offered a $5000 entry scholarship, and transferring would probably a little easier as it is 50% UAI.

What I was unsure of is: can I, from Melbourne, still apply through UAC for a transfer into Arts / Law at Usyd (or UNSW) if I am unsuccessful in transferring internally into Creative Arts / Law? I understand that I'm unlikely to receive any credit for Creative Arts subjects in a Usyd Arts degree (not sure about UNSW). But would it matter that I am studying in Victoria - can these subjects still count towards a GPA?

Thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)