Transferring after second year into law (1 Viewer)

nedcooper

HSC
Hi,

My UAI was 96.45 in 2007 and at the moment I have a distinction average. I'm in my second year of study this year at UTS, after transferring from communications into straight law.

At the end of last year I decided to transfer into Law at UTS, but after getting in I was made aware that Usyd had taken more trasnfer applicants this year. Is this true? And what was the cut off? Basically I didn't really consider Usyd because I didn't think I had the marks as the people at Student admin said I would need a UAI over 97.

Is it possible to trasnfer to Usyd arts/law after second year? and what would the cut off be approximatly?

Cheers

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Hi,

My UAI was 96.45 in 2007 and at the moment I have a distinction average. I'm in my second year of study this year at UTS, after transferring from communications into straight law.

At the end of last year I decided to transfer into Law at UTS, but after getting in I was made aware that Usyd had taken more trasnfer applicants this year. Is this true? And what was the cut off? Basically I didn't really consider Usyd because I didn't think I had the marks as the people at Student admin said I would need a UAI over 97.

Is it possible to trasnfer to Usyd arts/law after second year? and what would the cut off be approximatly?

Cheers
Pretty sure you can only transfer after one year for law. So, bad luck but no.

kayvon

--
HSC
actually only sydney offers after 2nd year transfer
its a new thing
go and ask them abt it

nedcooper

HSC
Thanks very much. I'll apply at the end of the year, just want to check if I'm close at all.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Hey, I'm in my 2nd year of Commerce/Law at UOW

Out of interest, what is the process of transfer etc

into Comm/Law at syd

I'm mostly doing a finance/accounting major, i take it all my subjects at UOW would count...

I have a UAI over 97

xxJTxx

HSC
usyd now allows you to apply for a transfer every year...they previously only allowed you to apply to transfer at the end of your first year (and never after that -> your only option was grad law).

i am a transfer student from uts business/law to usyd commerce law. and am lovin it!

they advertise a uai of above 97, and i certainly had that, and was only a little bit off the d avg required.

i think if you can over compensate in your average uni marks, then this makes up for an under compensating uai (if that makes any sense) --> however, im just assuming this..not entirely sure if they even consider people with uai <97! no harm in maintaining those uni marks and applying though!

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
xxJTxx, just wondering since UTS subjects are different to usyd, what happened when you transfer? Did you have to repeat any subject at all??

thanks.

xxJTxx

HSC
sorry for the super delayed reply, i dont come on here that often.

yep..i had to/am repeating economics.

i'd advise you speak to the uni about what subjects will get credited, and choose your subjects at your other institution based on that...that way you dont get screwed over like i did (i.e. uts cores for business are NOT all cores at usyd..esp the ones they map out to take in your first semester..like MPO and Marketing) :D

Miss Winey

HSC
To commence study in March, 2010 you will need to apply through the Universities Admissions Centre (www.uac.edu.au<http://www.uac.edu.au/>) usually by the end of September, 2009. Since you will competing within the pool of students who apply through UAC, I cannot tell you what is the likelihood you will be able to get into Sydney Uni.

Transferring entry requirements vary between Faculties but are usually determined by either a combination of tertiary results from one year of full time study and your UAI, or purely tertiary marks, whichever gives you the most competitive entry score.

You can apply for transfer of credit once you have received an offer. If you require more info about which subjects specifically you want to gain credit transfer, it is best to email the faculty directly on student@econ.usyd.edu.au

Cheers, Miss Winey
Student Advisor
Sydney University

jjredick

HSC
i am a transfer student from uts business/law to usyd commerce law. and am lovin it!

they advertise a uai of above 97, and i certainly had that, and was only a little bit off the d avg required.
what was your UAI/GPA ?

muhahahahahaha

HSC
what if you get a distinction of hd average at uni but you got an atar in the 80s..are you just not considered at all?

tambam

HSC
what if you get a distinction of hd average at uni but you got an atar in the 80s..are you just not considered at all?
I read on their website that transfers are based on 50% ATAR, 50% uni results.
And i think it said over 95, and distinction average to be considered or to have a good chance to get inn

muhahahahahaha

HSC
found the information on their website:

The results that you achieve in your tertiary study will affect the way that your application is considered. Generally, if you have an acceptable tertiary qualification, your application would be considered on the basis of both your results from your secondary (HSC or equivalent) and your tertiary qualifications. However, if your results from your secondary qualification are not as good as those from your tertiary study, the results from your secondary qualification would not normally be considered.

http://sydney.edu.au/future_student...ons/entry_requirements/tertiary_records.shtml

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)