• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transferring courses (1 Viewer)

Ryan Braun

HSC
Hi, I'm a new member here, so I hope this is the right place to ask these questions.......

I don't really like the course I am undertaking right now, as it's not what I expected it to be. Is it possible (and if so would someone kindly please direct me through the process) to transfer to another course within UTS, but in a different faculty?

What considerations do they take when you apply - just university marks, or combined with UAI?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just really confused (tried really hard not to sound totally ignorant, but that's how it came out!)

/ Thanks in advance!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Under the recently abolished Internal Course Transfer system, all you needed to do was submit an ICT form to your faculty office and you'd be considered on the basis of your university marks.

However, due to the Higher Education "reforms" almost all transfers are now conducted by UAC. This means you'll need to apply to the Universities Admissions Centre for a place in contention with school leavers and all other applicants. You will no longer compete seperately as an internal student, and now your marks will be recalculated by UAC to take your UAI into account.

Also, if you want to apply for next year (first semester) you're extremely late and will need to pay a truckload in late fees (>$100 on top of application fee). Sorry it's all bad news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)