Transferring from DFEE to CSP? (1 Viewer)

lover189

HSC
Im wondering what chances are there of successfully transferring from a DFEE place to a CSP place in a combined law program at UNSW? I remember reading somewhere on this forum about what percentage of DFEE transfer to a CSP place but i cant find the post.
Also with DFEE, can u apply to transfer to CSP after the first year, ie apply to transfer after the 2nd year/3rd year etc? I know that after the 1st year you cant apply to transfer to a combined law program...

TIA! :)

Metric

HSC
N/A
Unless you reveal your UAI, it will be hard to assess your chances of getting a transfer. Transfers are 50% UAI and 50% GPA. With regards to going from DFEE to CSP, you can apply to transfer at the end of every year (not just the first). Obviously you would want to try your best during your first year, otherwise you'll have to pay the DFEE fees the next year (and so on until you successfully transfer).

Also, though I have no idea if my logic is correct, if DFEE places are abolished next year as promised, there will be more CSP places and thus your chances of transferring with be much higher.

lover189

HSC
thanks for the reply ...

sorry my uai was 98.9
and what were u saying about DFEE being abolished?? could someone explain this to me im lost lol

Metric

HSC
N/A
With a UAI of 98.9 you should have absolutely no trouble transferring from DFEE to CSP at UNSW. If I were you, I would spend my first year at UTS (or another university, just to save money) as a CSP student and then transfer across. Your UAI is so close to the cut-off that, so long as you maintain a D average, you can be very confident of a transfer.

With regards to DFEE being abolished, I'm saying that DFEE will be abolished ;)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
lover189 said:
and what were u saying about DFEE being abolished?? could someone explain this to me im lost lol
Labor party policy is to abolish DFEE places for students enrolling from 2009 onwards.

lover189

HSC
so then what happens to DFEE students?? will they become CSP places?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
lover189 said:
so then what happens to DFEE students?? will they become CSP places?
ALP press release said:
While no new full-fee undergraduate places will commence after 2008, full-fee paying students already enrolled will be able to continue with their studies and complete their degrees.

lover189

HSC
so those already in DFEE places b4 the change takes over will continue to pay fees and complete their degrees

Metric

HSC
N/A
lover189 said:
so those already in DFEE places b4 the change takes over will continue to pay fees and complete their degrees
Yep (I suppose I should have said "phased out" as opposed to "abolished").

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Sourced from the uni~

UNSW ~ approx 70% DFEE managed to transfer into CSP during the 5yrs. (but I sincerely doubt that...)

USYD~ last year, 2 managed to go from USYD DFEE to CSP.

but 98.9, good chance~

Arithela

HSC
Does that mean, as of January 1 2009, there will be no DFEE places for sure? This means there will be more CSP places but what would this do to the CSP cut-offs?

lover189

HSC
Arithela said:
Does that mean, as of January 1 2009, there will be no DFEE places for sure? This means there will be more CSP places but what would this do to the CSP cut-offs?
I'm assuming that the cut-offs will lower as more places will be available..
can someone else confirm my theory lol ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)