Transferring from International Studies to Bachelor of Arts (Languages): possible? (1 Viewer)

Sugar

HSC
Hi,

I want to get into Bachelor of Arts (Languages) at University of Sydney but last year's cut-off was 97.40UAI and I don't think I can get in. So if I did Bachelor of International Studies, or Bachelor of Arts, would it be possible to transfer to BA (Languages) after first year?

Thankyou. :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yes.
even though ull be enrolled in B International Studies or B arts, or whatever, you can do exactly the same subjects (although I would recommend doing B Arts instead). So just look at the handbook for B Arts (Languages) and enroll in the same units.
Transferring shouldn't pose too difficult if you can keep up good grades (hint: don't take much government units)

heidi_kak

HSC
have you thought about doing international studies at unsw? because that's essentially the same as arts (lang) at usyd except you have to do compulsory international politics subjects (but if you wanted to do international studies at usyd you would have to do that anyway). international studies at unsw is actually much better than arts (lang) at usyd IF you want to combine language & overseas study with international politics/economics etc. (only because of the way the degree is structured, not because of the quality/reputation of the degree/subjects per se).

u should also note that in an arts degree there is a limited amount of units that you can take from outside the faculty, and because first year in international studies(at usyd) you have to do at least 4 non-arts subjects, this could limit you if you want to take an out-of-faculty major/honours after you transfer. you're probably better off doing straight arts in the first year because you can take exactly the same subjects that you would have chosen in arts (lang) anyway.

good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)