Transferring from Tafe to Uni (1 Viewer)

__candy

HSC
N/A
Just wondering, if i was to finish Diploma of Property at Tafe what are the types of courses i can apply to? Business @ UTS?
Thanks Alot

__candy

HSC
N/A
velox said:
yes, or property eco at uts if that interests you. You can apply for transfer to most courses.
Really? I thought there were like only a few courses we could apply to not most of them.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
nope hes right
even better is that you could get an exemption for them, so basically if you did one year at tafe, and transferred to a course that is identical to the one you did at tafe, then you basically start as a 2nd year

bumbo_hippo

HSC
do i HAVE to do a diploma to transfer uni?
can i jus complete certificate 3? or 4?

i do business admin cert 3 now.. and proli 4 next semester..
would i b able to transfer?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
bumbo_hippo said:
do i HAVE to do a diploma to transfer uni?
can i jus complete certificate 3? or 4?

i do business admin cert 3 now.. and proli 4 next semester..
would i b able to transfer?
The absolute minimum for applying to university anywhere is Certificate IV and many universities will require a Diploma level qualification for the sake of entry. It is also very very competitive to gain entry using a Cert IV at the universities who do accept them when you consider you are competing with people with Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas and partially completed Bachelors. So you don't HAVE to, but it would really increase your prospects.

bumbo_hippo

HSC
kami said:
The absolute minimum for applying to university anywhere is Certificate IV and many universities will require a Diploma level qualification for the sake of entry. It is also very very competitive to gain entry using a Cert IV at the universities who do accept them when you consider you are competing with people with Diplomas, Advanced Diplomas and partially completed Bachelors. So you don't HAVE to, but it would really increase your prospects.
ok thanks..
i guess i won't b going to uni for another year then!
o welzz... not dat i wanna go DAT badly newayz...

blerkles

HSC
N/A
kami said:
The absolute minimum for applying to university anywhere is Certificate IV .
There are ways around it, like going through Open Universities (the actual degree are given by RMIT, Monash, Swinburne, UniSA, Griffith etc). No HSC required. Even if you do a few subjects with them, it proves you are able to do uni level work, bettering your chances of getting an on-campus position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)