• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Transferring from UWS to UNSW (1 Viewer)

beefcake15

HSC
Hey guys,

I don't really understand the process of transferring to other Universities but is it possible to transfer from UWS to UNSW? The thing is that I'm studying B Social Science (Urban Studies) and I seriously hate the course (well just the Social Science units). It's not only boring but it's really hard. But a couple of days ago, I have gained an interested in the B Landscape Architecture course at UNSW and after reading the course and unit outlines, I really want to do this course. What do you guys reckon? Any advice would be really awesome :)

Thanks

purplemonkey

HSC
Yeah it's possible to transfer to UNSW from UWS (I did it!) :)

You have to apply through UAC though, so see if the course you want to go into has a mid-year intake. If not, you'll have to wait until August/Sept to apply for the Feb intake.

If you get in, and want to apply for advanced standing you have to find out who the academic advisor is for your course and fill in a form plus send them a copy of any unit outlines.

Hope that helps :)

beefcake15

HSC
Thank you :),

I'm just curious but are they any specific requirements you need inorder for a transfer to UNSW can be guaranteed?

purplemonkey

HSC
Usually you have to have completed at least a semesters course load. Sometimes it's a years worth.

You can't do anything to 'guarentee' a trasfer but the majority of the time they go through. Just make sure you keep your grades up (above a credit average is always good :p)

miaowsha

HSC
Hey guys,

I don't really understand the process of transferring to other Universities but is it possible to transfer from UWS to UNSW? The thing is that I'm studying B Social Science (Urban Studies) and I seriously hate the course (well just the Social Science units). It's not only boring but it's really hard. But a couple of days ago, I have gained an interested in the B Landscape Architecture course at UNSW and after reading the course and unit outlines, I really want to do this course. What do you guys reckon? Any advice would be really awesome :)

Thanks
If UWS is hard, don't bother coming to UNSW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)