• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transferring into Dual Degree (1 Viewer)

dorkbydesign

HSC
Hey all,

I had my heart set on doing the Computer Science/Media Arts Dual Degree but felt a bit short on the ATAR for it. However, I received an offer from COFA for just the Media Arts part and I was wondering:

1) How hard it would be to transfer into the Dual Degree?

2) Would it be easier to do the Transition pathway into the Science degree and pick up the Arts part later?

Thanks!

ifrit112

HSC
Not too hard.

Just follow the media arts/comp sci course in your first year, and maintain a WAM of 65+ (Credit) during your first year.
Here's more info on transferring.
https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/program_transfer/program_trans_Eng.html

I recommend you do subjects like comp1917 sem 1 and some maths as well from the comp sci component. That way you can comfortably slide into the dual degree program without being left behind. (The mistake some people make when aspiring to transfer is to do their current plan instead of the one they want to transfer to. This leaves them having to 'catch up' with first year subjects that they have not yet done in the second year and can delay your degree overall).

If you choose not to transfer at the end of this year, then the subjects under the cs program you took will be counted as a "free elective" anyway so no harm done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)