transferring to Actuarial Studies (1 Viewer)

eric_

HSC
Hi, I'm considering transferring to Actuarial Studies next year, right now I'm a first year Commerce/Advanced Maths, and I don't really want to do anymore maths that isn't exactly relevant to my commerce degree (at least that's what I think, sorry if I sound ignorant).

I can apply for Actuarial Studies through UAC and will definitely get in, so what I'm concerned with is that how Actuarial Studies differs from Commerce/Advanced Maths. I just started MATH1241 and I really don't understand it (even though I did alright in MATH1141), it's really abstract and difficult to get my head around it - is Actuarial Studies like this? I know Actuarial Studies involves lots of maths in it, but is it confusing like Higher Maths? Or is it more like statistics based? These are my questions for now, thanks for reading and good luck to everyone in the upcoming semester.

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
MATH1241 would be basic maths compared to some of the maths done in Actuarial. From what I've seen, the statistics in Actuarial is similar to the higher levels of statistics in Advanced Maths.

Actuarial Studies also requires MATH1251 which is appears to be harder than MATH1241.

Staaahp

HSC
You should just do it. If you don't end up liking it, you could always drop to commerce anyways :>

#yolo swag 420

WhiteBeard

HSC
^just try it if u dont like it you can always drop to comm. you could also just walk into random actuary lectures and tutes during one of ur breaks
#yolomcswaggings

eric_

HSC
MATH1241 would be basic maths compared to some of the maths done in Actuarial. From what I've seen, the statistics in Actuarial is similar to the higher levels of statistics in Advanced Maths.

Actuarial Studies also requires MATH1251 which is appears to be harder than MATH1241.
ok, thanks for your advice
You should just do it. If you don't end up liking it, you could always drop to commerce anyways :>

#yolo swag 420
^just try it if u dont like it you can always drop to comm. you could also just walk into random actuary lectures and tutes during one of ur breaks
#yolomcswaggings
I will follow your most #swaggest ways

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)