Transferring to ANU from USYD (1 Viewer)

eb801

HSC
Hi,

I'm a second year at Sydney uni studying science and I am getting really sick of commuting everyday - takes me about 15 hours a week!! Plus, obviously with Science my timetable sucks which means every day at uni.
I'm not really enjoying the social side of uni and was considering transferring to ANU. During year 12 I had planned on going to ANU but can't remember why I changed and went to Sydney. The subjects are great and I'm really interested in what I'm learning and was just wondering what other people's opinions were or if anyone else had done the same.
I'd love to live away from home - one of the reasons why I want to transfer.
During the semester break (I have two days left until holidays - really should be studying now anyway) I plan to go to Canberra and talk, well arrange to talk to someone about how much credit I would get for my subjects.

Anyway anyone's opinions would be appreciated,

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
The social aspects of college are MUCH BETTER than just commuting to uni.
You'll have much more time as getting to class takes 10 minutes tops but it's pretty easy to mis-spend the time as well...college is really good unless a) you are particularly prone to cabin fever or b) a lack of solitude/privacy easily frustrates you.
ANU doesn't have the pretty sandstone of USYD but the campus is really nice - trees, Sullivan's Creek, lots of rosellas etc.
With a science degree you probably still won't be able to get Fridays off though.
So yeah! ANU is good but like all places has its downsides.

kayvon

--
HSC
I transferred at the end of last year to ANU from USYD and Ive found it awesome so far. I lived an hr away from USYD and its far better to not have to travel as much. Plus moving out is great and canberra isnt as bad as sydneysiders think. anu also doesnt have the crappy lecture theatres with the crappier seats like carslaw and chemistry lecture theatres.
definately recommend transferring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)