transferring to commerce (1 Viewer)

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
Lazarus, have u got the selction rank cutoff for this year for commerce at unsw and usyd?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by orangeguy
Lazarus, have u got the selction rank cutoff for this year for commerce at unsw and usyd?
No, I don't.

You can find out by -

USYD: Giving the USYD Admissions Office a ring on 9351 4117.

UNSW: Emailing the UNSW Admissions Office at ugadmis@unsw.edu.au.

Ask for the main and late round NRSL cut-offs for B Commerce this year (and last year if you like).

From my experience, you'll have a much easier time getting info out of the nice people at USYD. If they claim that NRSL cut-offs are the same as HECS cut-offs or any other foolish nonsense, as the UNSW people sometimes try to do, politely explain that they're wrong and that you'd like to talk to someone else. :)

I'd appreciate it if you could post them up after you find out.

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
People at UNSW just doesnt make sense to me..
THis is what they told me..

"There was no difference between the School Leaver and Non-School leaver cutoffs for 2003, ie all applicants need a rank (however, it was derived) of 95.50."

Wasnt the selection rank cut-off for com/law 95. something as well?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by orangeguy
Wasnt the selection rank cut-off for com/law 95. something as well?
95.80 for NRSLs, yeah.

Was that comment given to you over the phone or via an email? It's possible that, by chance, for the B Commerce degree this year the NRSL and RSL cut-offs ended up being exactly the same. However, this doesn't seem very likely.

It's also possible that the person responding to you had no idea what they were talking about. :) Which has happened to me before, with UNSW. USYD have always seemed to know what was going on.

If it was an email, who replied to you? I'll see if I can uncover it myself (by avoiding that person).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)