Transferring to UNSW commerce (1 Viewer)

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
I know someone who is currently studying in University Of Sydney doing Bachelor of Commerce. He is telling me he is going to transfer to UNSW bachelor of commerce, next week.
So i am wondering, is it ever possible to transfer during the semester? this is his first semester in first year. he got some really good marks in TAFE like some distinction and High distinction. i read about the transfer requirement for students from other uni to unsw, it says it needs like a full year in the other university before they can transfer to unsw. so i am just wondering if he is being real or just lying.

Thanks.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
somehow I doubt that..

Last edited:

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
yea exactly, i doubt that as well. i really dont want him to go, but he sounds so serious about it. So, NO transfer can be made during the semester, yeah? you cant really walk away from your mid-semester exam and then just go to another uni and start over again.....

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
LoL at your Bachelor of hamburgerology? did you do CLAW1001 in usyd. there was a case about the university of mcdonald that i have to study about.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
you cant really walk away from your mid-semester exam and then just go to another uni and start over again.....
^

yea that's what I was thinking.. are you talking about an asian guy from ultimo tafe? i transferred to usyd from tafe as well but not ultimo haha. I wonder how many people transferred from tafe to usyd..

& yep, I'm studying claw1001! it's so time consuming.. I'm hoping we don't get anything -too- ambiguous/lengthy for the midsem.

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL, cool, i am studying claw1001 too but i find it ok. dont worry about him. i am just wondering because i have never heard of people transferring during the semester...but nothing is impossible tho

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I think the transfer is done through UAC. ATAR counted only.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
just got off the phone with a course coordinator and it looks like i'm transferring from usyd to unsw next week.
thanks dude.

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
just got off the phone with a course coordinator and it looks like i'm transferring from usyd to unsw next week.
thanks dude.
are you serious or just joking.....

Last edited:

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
bro, you know tmr's lecture for CLAW1001 is cancelled?
yeahhhhhhh but the lecture was just on the midsem tho.

midsems gonna be hell.

IPAAC on offer, acceptance, etc etc.

have you studied conditional acceptance? got all your cases ready? literally took me a few whole daaaaaaays to summarise the course.

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
i dunno bro, i dont think CLAW is that hard for me....i basically made a sheet with all the cases and the principles behind them.....have you listened to the podcast and read the sample answers? i find them quite helpful

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
i dunno bro, i dont think CLAW is that hard for me....i basically made a sheet with all the cases and the principles behind them.....have you listened to the podcast and read the sample answers? i find them quite helpful
HAHA it's not really hard but there's a lot of work i guess? i'm doing that as well. I guess i'm making things hard for myself because I'm also using another book and combining all the info from cases and summarising them as principles. i'm also using other sections of law, e.g. s 52 of the Trade Practices Act allows for remedies for puffery (it's allowed in common law (Pepsico), but it gives rise to misrepresentation which breaches s 52).

do you have anything regarding syndicates? :p yeah i've read the sample answers. gonna write some more essays today.

gl for the test tmr !

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
syndicates??? are you referring to agency.....cause i don't think agency is in our exam...dude, good luck for you too. what theatre are you in?

wolfspirit

HSC
N/A
Has anyone heard of a student transferring from Curtin's Actuarial Science course (which is under a Bachelor of Science btw) into UNSW's Commerce course, majoring in Actuarial Science?

If so, what kind of grades would he be looking to score for entry?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)