• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Transferring (1 Viewer)

ioniser

HSC
Hey people,Im thinking of transferring universities from uts to unsw engineering(first year).Does anyone know how it works if you apply for the transfer in mid year through UAC is entirely on uai or half uai and uni marks so far.Also I applied for both unis through multiple criteria entry and got into uts but unsw has a course that uts doesn't offer,will they still do multiple criteria entry for engineering?

can anyone shed some light on this subject

Last edited:

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
i think you're stuck at uts for the whole year, you can try transferring when the next year starts.

Dt™

HSC
N/A
Another UTS trying to transfer to UNSW.

Just wondering about the B. Engineering degrees at UNSW. Are first year subjects similar across all majors? At UTS Engineering, most of the first year subjects are similar across all majors, so that you can transfer to another major without falling behind to study those new subjects in your new major. Just wondering if this is the case with Engineering at UNSW?

Also, which of the following subjects might I get exempted if I transfer to say, Seng at UNSW?

Engineering for Sustainability (Seng UTS)
Introduction to Electrical Engineering (Seng UTS)
Mathematical Modelling 1 (Seng UTS)
Physical Modelling (Seng UTS)
Introduction to Mechanical Engineering
Mathematical Modelling 2 (Seng UTS)
Object Oriented Programming (Seng UTS)
Electronics & Circuits (Seng UTS)
Engineering Communication (Seng UTS)
Electromechanical Systems
Embedded C
Uncertainties & Risks in Engineering (Seng UTS)
Engineering Economics & Finance
Introductory Digital Systems (Seng UTS)

ioniser

HSC
unsw has flexible first year ,their subjects are really broad they have example 1st semster they are studying mathematics,mathematics and computing,introduction to engineering and 1 elective

where as at uts we don't have flexible first year, you can switch majors at end of semester or the year and the subjects that arent related to your new major are counted as your electives(we have 4 electives)

looking at the subjects (which are broad)unsw cover in 1st year looks like it is possible to transfer and getting exempted for the subjects that you are doing now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)