transferring (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
how easy is it to transfer from one course to another at a different uni?
coz i REALLY want to do Occupational Therapy, its my lifes goal, but i know i wouldnt have got the marks..
so lets say i get into one of my 'safety net' choices...lets take B Arts/B Science at UNE...how easy/difficult would it be to transfer from that course at that uni to B Occupational Therapy at Newcastle?

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
I think you need to maintain gpa (grade point average) of 2.5 in most uni's 2.5 is i think 2 credits and 2 passes or equivalent.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
maintain atleast a credit average, and keep in mind the higher it is the better a chance you have...dont just aim for a credit avg.

Rani84

Rani84
HSC
I think it depends on the uni, cos at UWS to get an internal transfer you need a GPA of 5 or higher! Which is a higher than credit average; 3 credits and a distinction!So, i only got a credit average in the last 2 semesters so i am trying my luck with UAC. But good luck, your uni might have different rules for tranferring.

Rani84

Rani84
HSC
Well thats what it says on the transfer sheet!Maybe it varies from uni to uni!?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
The GPA rule that UNSW, USYD and more importantly, UAC uses, is this one

Pass - 4
Credit - 5
Distinction - 6
High Distinction - 7

so if u do 8 subjects in one full year, which are worth 6 credit points each, and u got 5 distinctions and 3 credits, your GPA would be:

[5(6*6)]+[3(5*6)]/48 = 5.625, which is halfway between a Credit and Distinction average

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
most of the unis , them being uts,uws,usyd and unsw use the same GPA format which Minai posted. Macquarie for some reason uses some other one which i cant remember.

Natstar, ok so as a backup incase you dont make it into Newcastle( fingers crossed that you do, right? :D ) , you can do marketing at UWS then apply for a transfer through UAC. Its exactly the same process as applying through UAC in year 12. If the courses are the same, then there wouldnt be that much of a difference, you would get most core subjects exempted if they feel that the content you covered at your previous uni is the same or similiar to that of their uni.

Rani84

Rani84
HSC
Yea i am studying at UWS, and they use the same GPA system as mention above.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Even if UWS didn't use the same GPA format, it would be converted into a common form for UAC purposes.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by copious
most of the unis , them being uts,uws,usyd and unsw use the same GPA format which Minai posted. Macquarie for some reason uses some other one which i cant remember.
It must have been Macquarie that uses the GPA 5, because i am certain i read it somewhere or maybe American Colleges uses that 5 GPA, but that doesn't matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)