Transferring (1 Viewer)

brad616

HSC
Hi I am really keen to transfer into B Business @ UTS

I am currently studying B Property Economics @ UTS and hating it. I achieved a UAI over 90 so am therefore able to study Business @ UTS. Unfortuantely, this was not on my preference list. I have been told that I can do Insearch and transfer.

Any advice??

krayzie_

HSC
If the course your doing at the moment is within the Faculty of Business, then your able to do an internal course transfer.

If its not within the same faculty you'll have to apply through UAC end of this year and you'll most likely get in.

brad616

HSC
If the course your doing at the moment is within the Faculty of Business, then your able to do an internal course transfer.

If its not within the same faculty you'll have to apply through UAC end of this year and you'll most likely get in.
Thanks soooo much

spence

HSC
Keep in mind that if you complete a year of full time study, both UAI and GPA are included to determine selection. So if you aren't going well this year, don't complete 8 subjects

brad616

HSC
Keep in mind that if you complete a year of full time study, both UAI and GPA are included to determine selection. So if you aren't going well this year, don't complete 8 subjects
Sorry not sure what you mean

spence

HSC
Sorry not sure what you mean
If you complete a year of full time study, your selection rank will be worked out using both your UAI and an index based on your GPA. So if you don't go well this year, your selection rank will be lower than your UAI and you may not get the offer. But if you complete less than one year full time (48CP), then only your UAI will be considered. So basically, if you don't go well this semester, I'd suggest you take next semester off uni. Don't do Insearch

PS. There's lots more info in the transfers section

brad616

HSC
If you complete a year of full time study, your selection rank will be worked out using both your UAI and an index based on your GPA. So if you don't go well this year, your selection rank will be lower than your UAI and you may not get the offer. But if you complete less than one year full time (48CP), then only your UAI will be considered. So basically, if you don't go well this semester, I'd suggest you take next semester off uni. Don't do Insearch

PS. There's lots more info in the transfers section
Thanks so much but what if I only complete 5 subjects i.e 4 this semester and 1 next semester then do they look at 25% UAI = 75% GPA or just 100% UAI

spence

HSC
Thanks so much but what if I only complete 5 subjects i.e 4 this semester and 1 next semester then do they look at 25% UAI = 75% GPA or just 100% UAI
It'll only be UAI in that case

spence

HSC
Thats good to note seeing as I got 91.95 and the cut-off last year was 91.80:) but is there any way I could go straight in to next semester etc??
Does your degree have electives? If so, you may be able to do some of the subjects next sem, but I'm not sure you'll be allowed to. And I'm 99% sure you can't transfer to Business mid year

lind27

HSC
As ur outside the business faculty then u have to go through uac, but uts doesnt offer b business for mid yr intake. U could go to a diff uni for a semeter and do business then u will get advanced standing and wont be startin all ova again at the start of the yr.

Mid yr intake closes in like 5 days or somethin though and business is offered at limited unis in this intake

brad616

HSC
As ur outside the business faculty then u have to go through uac, but uts doesnt offer b business for mid yr intake. U could go to a diff uni for a semeter and do business then u will get advanced standing and wont be startin all ova again at the start of the yr.

Mid yr intake closes in like 5 days or somethin though and business is offered at limited unis in this intake
Thanks so much:)

brad616

HSC

Am I totally stuffed even though my UAI was 91.95??

maka

HSC
If I were you I would ask the uni if you could do Business subjects this semester despite being in a different degree. It is a long shot but they might take into consideration that your UAI would be highly competitive for a transfer.

If they dont and you dont like Property Economics, take 6 months off and get a job. Then start again next year....

BTW your semester of Property Economics would count as 24 CP of unspecified electives..... meaning you have done the equivalent of a semester of a B Bus degree.

layzeehbum

HSC
I didn't know B Propec is that bad XD
Since my friend is currently doing it (first year) as well.
Geez, I should drag her to do Business too XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)