Transfers/GPA/Tute Rego/confused! (1 Viewer)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
well the results are released on the 19th for semester 1, i filled out a form for guarantee internal transfer, how/when do i know if i get the transfer, and tutorial registrations open tomorrow, the thing is what course do i register my tutorials for? the current one or the one that i may get a transfer for? i am confused!! and then what about enrolments...do i have to go and enrol for the new course now? but then what if i dont get accepted into the new course? someone help!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If I remember correctly hiphop said that he finds out if he gets the internal transfer one week before uni starts. Which I guess would be next Monday. Maybe they inform you through the mail, but check webct or pweb for what course is there. Register for the tutorials for your current course first, incase you don't get the transfer, so you can still get the times you want. Then if you get the transfer you can choose the times you want.

Sorry, I don't know anything else about the internal transfer, you'd be best to ask klh.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
ok still thanx capey, i'm just concerned about my transfer...actually i won't be too worried if i don't, it's just all this hassle and the timings for things are allover the place

HSC
yeah im concerned too im scared and i have no idea when im going to find out it better fkn be before tute regos and i betta get it only thing i can see pulling me down is welfare unit, fkn helping ppl :mad:

klh

HSC
what not-that-bright said, just register as normal and if you get your transfer, you have to re-register. Yes it sucks and more headaches to come but thats the go for transferrring.
You see, what i did was use my electives to enrol into the cores of the degree i wanted to transfer to so even though i was still in my first degree, i was doing other units so less headaches that way. obviously you didnt do it that way so i reccomend you actually enrol in the other core units (unless you think you cant trasnfer) so to pre-empt more paperworks and headaches.
its a difficult time, i know, but if you have any more problems ask away...

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
ok thanx klh, so do i need to fill out a form for that too?

klh

HSC
a form for what??? ok im lost...
i mean, if you want to change your units that you want to do for spring, than youneed a program variation form and pick the units that are cores of the degree you want AND that are offered in spring. It is best to check with the unit coordinater to ask which units you should do.
After this, than you need to register for the lects/tutes etc when the schools are open for registering.
which course are you in and which do you want to trasnfer to anyway?

Jacks

HSC
If you have been granted a transfer for Spring 2005 you should have already received written confirmation. Transfer approvals are processed between July 18 and August 5. Your new units, for the course you've moved to will be processed by July 20 to allow for tutorial registration. If you haven't heard by now chances are you were not successful...however just register as you normally would for the units in which you are currently enrolled, if anything changes you can always submit a program variation form to drop or pick up other units, and then find a tutorial with available space to register in. :)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
ok....now i'm really freaking out, but i went good in everything, except for one exam......can one exam really stuff my whole transfer thing up? It was worth 50%. lol. Also i know alot of people who applied for transfers though and they never recieved anything yet either......so either everyone is unsuccessful or they didn't send out any info yet.....>< i hate this man, so much stress! Tnx anyway Jacks, but like are those dates standard for every year?

Jacks

HSC
I'm not sure if the dates are standard...knowing UWS probably not...lol...but if you click on one of your units for tutorial registration on PWeb it does have a couple of lines there about transferring I think. Don't freak out, I know it's an anxious wait, but if you've done well perhaps they are just running a little late, that would not surprise me to a great extent...or at all! So just register for what you have enrolled in and get that out of the way for now, it is easy to switch over if you do end up getting your transfer, if you happen to and have any problems, I'd be more than happy to help you out!

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i think i got a transfer, but before i get too excited what exactly does better than credit average mean? like it says i need above 5, so does that mean i need 6gpa to transfer, or can i transfer if i have more than 5.0 eg if i have 5.1 or sumthin? does anyone know exact info for this?

Jacks

HSC
a credit average is a GPA of 5, so you don't need a GPA of 6 or anything like that...anything like 5.1 is fine...so long as it is more than 5, doesn't matter by how much! Btw I really hope you do get your transfer!

klh

HSC
yes what Jacks said, plus they round up numbers! i found that out last semester, last year. great huh?
also if you read the sign when you get them forms, they say a minimum is a gpa of 5.1 or better than credit av. anything over is fine.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
kewl guys, thanx heaps, i got 5.2, does this mean i got the transfer? lol, and do i have to wait for a letter before i go and enrol in the new course?

Jacks

HSC
don't get too excited, but you have a good chance...just wait until you get your letter before you do anything...just get ready for this semester should you not get it, and keep your fingers crossed...you should hear very soon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)