• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transfers (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
If I wanted to transfer from Arts into Eco/Arts at the end of first year, do they take into account 50/50 GPA and UAI, or is it just the higher of the two?

What are my chances of getting in with a D or HD average?

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Both, If you have a UAI in the 80s I'd imagine a D average.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
50/50. Take a look in the transfers thread by Frigid and do rough calculations, and you'll find out the rough average you need. Take note that NRSL scores are usually lower than the UAI, but don't count on it.

HSC
my mate got 50-60 uai and averaged C-D at uni (blacktown marketing)and got into econ/arts at unsw =]

karoooh

HSC
So should I stay in Arts at UNSW, majoring in Eco or go to UWS? I really don't want to though. It's soo far away. And UNSW is like, <5mins from me. :(

FeelBare

HSC
Flexibility! yayayayyaya

Karooh o_O....... Why don't you stay at UNSW and transfer internally into Economics (if that's what you want) and compete with your tertiary record or UAI (whichever is better) for a place in 2nd year?

HSC
depending what you major in, you can do some subjects in arts that are credited for in economics (human resource management being one i think)

bshoc

HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
So should I stay in Arts at UNSW, majoring in Eco or go to UWS? I really don't want to though. It's soo far away. And UNSW is like, <5mins from me.
Casmira said:
depending what you major in, you can do some subjects in arts that are credited for in economics (human resource management being one i think)
You can have a professional economics major in the BA thats identical to the one you do in the BEc ..

http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/plans/2007/ECONA13400.html

Even if you want to transfer, I would suggest staying in the UNSW BA, if you're majoring economics and planning to transfer into BEc/BA you'll have at least two (and up to six) attempts with no units wasted. Although you'll have to do the two Accounting units once you get into the BEc, and if econ is your thing (like me), boy do those suck.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Casmira said:
my mate got 50-60 uai and averaged C-D at uni (blacktown marketing)and got into econ/arts at unsw =]
Whoa. I should have applied for MBBS if he was able to do that. :p

Second that, or have I been deeply mistakened? This is a new 2006/2007 isn't it?
I dunno if the rules changed, I haven't heard about it and if it was the case I would have thought that we'd see a sticky in the transfers forum, but there isn't one. I'm not saying that it's not true by the way, just that I...haven't seen it. Anyway, I still ignorantly stand by my 50/50 theory unless it's different depending on the faculty that you're applying to. Faculty of Ed at USyd said 50/50.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Well UNSW sent me a letter stating:

As a general rule after one full time year of study you will be assessed for admission either on your UAI or your tertiary results. Usually whichever one is higher, however we reserve the right to consider your entire academic record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)