Transformations (1 Viewer)

ashwin

Creator
HSC
Hey! Whos doin transformations?? wHat do u think about it?

kini mini

HSC
I did transformations last year, with Hamlet >> Ros & Guil. I quite liked it after a while, despite the large amount of work needed for the texts, because the transformations elective is very prescriptive and there is therefore little possible variation in questions :p.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
I did transformation in 2002. Our texts were the film 'Clueless' by Amy Heckerling and the Jane Austen novel 'Emma'.

The study of these two texts dealt mainly with their contexts. We had to analyse the tranformation of ideas, ideologies, social expectations and issues like social etiquette, feminism, social class structures and sexuality. It was done by mainly looking at how these features had transformed and mutated as a consequence of the contrasting context with which each text was composed. We looked how heckerling transformed the stroyline and physical aspects of the film to appeal to and serve the modern day, predominantly teenage audience, without loosing the wit and criticisms of society that was characterised by Jane Austen's 'Emma'. (i think i shut up now!!!!!! before i bore you:)...)

Interesting, but i really hated reading 'Emma' and the film sucked, but in the end i managed to get through it!;)

Last edited:

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I did it last year, we did the poem "The Pardoners Tale" and the movie "A Simple Plan". The movie was pretty good I thought, the poem was really long and boring, but the teachers understood that and tried to make it easy on us, giving us interpretations and stuff, so that wasn't too bad in the end.
I liked transformations cos you could actually talk about the texts properly. All the other essays you had to include wide readings, and because there are so many thing sto talk about you end up having to skip from one thing to the next, making only like 1 point on each thing, just racing to get it finished in the 40 mins. :(

ashwin

Creator
HSC
This year im doing Hamlet and Ros & Guil. We haven't really looked into the concept of transformations yet, but will soon. One of by idiot friends (chudymaster) thinks context is a VERY minute part of transformations. Is he right or WRONG?

Rahul

Dead Member
i am doing hamelt/ragad this year.

the concept of transformations was seen as a very important thing last year(10 things/ taming of the shrew).

i am not sure how this will be placed wid the study of hamlet and ragad as ragad is happening during dat tym! (if that makes sense)

i guess the main things to do wid transformations will stiil be have to looked at:
*themes
*characters
*symbols
*....stuff lyk dat

Rahul

Dead Member
oh yeh.....also chudy master.....wouldnt it be chuddy master.....LOL funny one. i know wat u r on about.

did u get it from "goodness gracious me"

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by ashwin
This year im doing Hamlet and Ros & Guil. We haven't really looked into the concept of transformations yet, but will soon. One of by idiot friends (chudymaster) thinks context is a VERY minute part of transformations. Is he right or WRONG?
Context plays a key role within Transformations - its important (context of both plays is vastly different, hence a reason for transformation)

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

Context plays a key role within Transformations - its important (context of both plays is vastly different, hence a reason for transformation)
I agree with that. A discussion of context should be a major part of all transformations essays IMO, from reading the outcomes.

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Firstly. I didn't say context played a minute part...I said themes play a very important part. At any rate, we're gonna do it soon, so stop your crying Ashwin and prepare for a fairly large whooping in english, as I've done uptil date.

Secondly, no, my name is Chudymaster, one 'd'. So kiss my chudy.

Last edited:

Rahul

Dead Member
i am pretty sure that it should be double "D". but anywho watever u think.

transformation should not be too hard if u ask ur teacher wat kind of things u have to look for.

ashwin

Creator
HSC
Chudymaster (aka KETAN) stop trying to battle me in english over a forum that has been set up to help people, and for people to talk about common interests. If you feel you need to taunt me, then fine: whatever helps you sleep at night.

To everyone else, thanks a lot for your comments and insight on Transformations.

I am starting a Poll:

Do you think Chudymaster is using this forum as a playground for tricks and taunts?

-- Just Reply: YES or NO --

loziscool:D

I did hamlet/ros+guil, and actually enjoyed it :eek:. I think the main thing to remember is to focus on the transformation aspects rather than getting sidetracked with the copious other amounts of interesting (yet, ultimatly irrelevent) aspects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)