Transport and Lecture times (1 Viewer)

ChRiS_2004

Hey there guys. I am having trouble with transport from UNI on tuesdays and thursdays. My lectures on both days finish at 6:30 and i live in Rosemeadow Campbelltown. So i am a little troubled on what to do. The lectures go for like 2 hours starting at 4:30. Do you reckon i should just leave the lecture half way through and catch the bus at 5:30 or stay and catch the bus to north wollongong sattion and catch a traion to wolli creek and then to campbelltown. I am a little scared about option two with the trains but i dont really want to miss lectures. I feel they are important and i am really pissed off with the layout of the lectures being late in the evening. can someone give me some hints on what to do...
Thanks
Love Chris

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
chris_gleeson24 said:
Hey there guys. I am having trouble with transport from UNI on tuesdays and thursdays. My lectures on both days finish at 6:30 and i live in Rosemeadow Campbelltown. So i am a little troubled on what to do. The lectures go for like 2 hours starting at 4:30. Do you reckon i should just leave the lecture half way through and catch the bus at 5:30 or stay and catch the bus to north wollongong sattion and catch a traion to wolli creek and then to campbelltown. I am a little scared about option two with the trains but i dont really want to miss lectures. I feel they are important and i am really pissed off with the layout of the lectures being late in the evening. can someone give me some hints on what to do...
Thanks
Love Chris
I've rarely been on a Sydney train that goes to Wolli Creek. You'd have to change at Sutherland or Hurstville to get a train to Wolli Creek. Then change there.

Lectures are late in the evening because of people who work. But I'd say try option two on your first week. Then decide whether or not the rest of the lectures are worth it, and leave half way through to catch the Campbelltown bus if you think they're not. However, be careful on the train.

Terra_Niux

l337 h4x0r
HSC
N/A
Is there that much of a walking distance between the uni and the station?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
bout 5-8 min walk to the station or theres a shuttle bus for all the lazy peeps

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If you get to the bus stop and the bus isn't within 5 - 10 minutes you may aswell walk because its not very far. If you wait 15 - 20 minutes for the bus you are really lazy.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Chris, my only suggestion is to go change your subjects so your timetable suits. I've got 3 days a week, my earliest start is 11am and the latest I finish is 4:30. Make the timetable suit you.

And I suggest you go get you're P's and a car very soon, it's almost a necessity for all of us who come from the Campbelltown region and go to UOW, especially when you get Saturday exams.

DooGseY

HSC
I'd strongly advise against that. I caught the train from Campbelltown to Central, th

chris_gleeson24 said:
catch the bus to north wollongong sattion and catch a traion to wolli creek and then to campbelltown.
I caught the train from Campbelltown to Central, then to North Wollongong once, and the travelling time was around 3 hours. Depending on the trains you might not get home till 11pm on those nights.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I can't believe there isn't a train that goes from Campbelltown to Wollongong considering how many go there for uni and work....

Do you guys have a train that goes to Sutho?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
The nearest station to get from Campbell town to Wollongong is via Wolli Creek. However, since trains from Wolli Creek to Wollongong are few, best bet is to either:
a). Train from Campbelltown to Wolli Creek. Wolli Creek to Hurstville. Hurstville to North Wollongong.
b). Train from Campbelltown to Central. Central to North Wollongong (on platforms 4-15).

You're in control of your timetable, so I'd listen to Raiks and alter your timetable to fix it. Or don't turn up.

ChRiS_2004

I cant change the timetable because it is a fixed one. In the Primary Education Course you cant change the times of your lectures and they dont have repeat lecture either. So i think i will just leave halfway through it. I dont really want to though and if the train is going to be 3 hours long i wont get home until like 11:30 and i dont like trains that much either. I dont have my P's so i must get those but i havent got the money to buy a car and my dad wont take a loan out for me to get one either.
So thanks you guys for the suggestions. If anyone has any more suggestions then post them please coz i dont know what to do

Hey without wings what tutorial group are you in? I choose group A. J group was supposed to have really good tutorial times...
Love Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)