transport concession (1 Viewer)

the_pun

HSC
are buses included in the concession prices we get on our student ID card? i know we get train concessions, but buses...?

X

xeuyrawp

the_pun said:
are buses included in the concession prices we get on our student ID card? i know we get train concessions, but buses...?
It's a general 'transport' concession. Any transport company that has a 'student' option will use it. It's just that the sticker needs an authority body (cityrail) on it.

... said:
sydney buses yes, but for private ones, not all accepts it
If they have a student concession, they do? I've been on Shorelink, the Hills one, and the Forrest one. What didn't accept it?

speed2

HSC
yeah they are, the sydney buses logo is on the sticker

^___^
HSC
PwarYuex said:
If they have a student concession, they do? I've been on Shorelink, the Hills one, and the Forrest one. What didn't accept it?
some of the companies require you to apply for one seperately

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Westbus wont, Hopkinsons wont.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Glenorie don't either... though I'm not sure if they still exist.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yes, WestBus sux majorly. You need to get a seperate semesterly concession pass from them.

Tabris

HSC
Take care of your concession sticker...

Last years one faded out real quick and one of the city rail employees didnt accept it...

X

xeuyrawp

Tabris said:

Last years one faded out real quick and one of the city rail employees didnt accept it...
Mine was completely silver by about May :(

CrashOveride

HSC
Tabris said:

The stupid sticker will get gradually scracthed off due to photocopying machines. Where do we go for replacement stickers?

Out of interest, I also heard they can replace the entire student card (new photo) for free?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
What did you all do to your concession sticker? Mine was still blue at the end of the year.

HSC
N/A
Mine is *still* blue :S

On a tangent note, where do we pay (and when is it due?)for concession stickers? I've forgotten :S same thing for wondering where and when to pick up diaries...

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Arent concession stickers free?

CrashOveride said:
Out of interest, I also heard they can replace the entire student card (new photo) for free?
Someone mentioned it on this forum. I think it was at Sam-spot.

HSC
N/A
bscienceboi said:
Arent concession stickers free?
Oooh... that'd be right :)

Do I pick it up from SAM Atrium or SAM spot? Assumingly diaries will be avaliable in the same place as concession tickets... *damns self for not knowing anything*

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Concession stickers are free, and you also get the little sticker to go on the bottom that says "2006".

You can get them from the Atrium until the end of the week (go after your orientation day ends at 2), near the SAM diaries. Steve is giving them out so say "hello"! :D

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Westbus changed their policy this year, and the regular green cityrail sticket should work with them now afaik.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)