transport concessions (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
hey all, if u have ur tafe card can u use it to get discounts on buses and shit? cause i need to get the bus to and from tafe each day, it will cost me like 8 bucks a day x5 days = $40 a week just to get a shitty bus to and from the tafe.
so if u show ur tafe card to u get childs fares or anything?

Safiya

As Shadows Fall
HSC
you get concession printed on your tafe card if you apply for a concession and u do 20 hrs or more

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
yep i will be doing 20+ hrs a week
is there any other conditions?

MiSSi

i dont think buses accept the concession card cos they are a private company. not exactly sure but! but if u say ur a student u would get it at a student rate...

Callistogenic

HSC
MiSSi said:
i dont think buses accept the concession card cos they are a private company. not exactly sure but! but if u say ur a student u would get it at a student rate...
This isn't true. Busses in the CBD and surrounds are government owned, with the exception of private companies, in which the above might apply.

I do have a question for the Bored, though:

How do you apply for the concession discount? I'm a full-timer (24 hours a week), so that's the main prerequisite out of the way. And when do you apply?

Scanorama

HSC
MiSSi said:
Connex does. Im still using my high school concession card to buy concession fare. Last time I used was on last weekend when i bought the ticket from Miranda to Menai.

MiSSi

dreamcaster said:
How do you apply for the concession discount? I'm a full-timer (24 hours a week), so that's the main prerequisite out of the way. And when do you apply?
you go to the office and ask. i got mine when i applied for my course. when tafe starts go get one.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
Connex does. Im still using my high school concession card to buy concession fare. Last time I used was on last weekend when i bought the ticket from Miranda to Menai.

Same - it expires on 31st March though :(. With the consession its $6 on the train ...

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
yay, got my concession sticker (number is 200069 lol) - so where can i use it apart from cityrail?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)