Travel Concessions (1 Viewer)

lilredelmo

HSC
I have just read that vyou can only apply for Uni student concession cards if you do not work at all!Wow..will be expensive for some to get to uni!
Doesn't this mean 99% of students wouldn't be eligable?kinda doesn't seem fair...
Anyone with further knowledge?????????????

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
technically that's the rule, but everyone ignores it and nobody checks whether you have a job or not. just sign up for the concession anyway.

lilredelmo

HSC
It isn't cross referenced with tax dept??

Anyone get caught?

Are most students just getting it??

Sorry lotsa questions but want to be sure!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Well unless you write your tax file number on the form in the non existent box for TFNs.. no it won't get cross referenced with ATO.
If someone gets caught the worst that will happen is the card gets confiscated.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Well unless you write your tax file number on the form in the non existent box for TFNs.. no it won't get cross referenced with ATO.
If someone gets caught the worst that will happen is the card gets confiscated.
If they DO manage to find out they'd make you pay it all back, but theres no way of knowing what fares you've paid so they can't do shit once you have the icon on your card.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
theoretically the Ministry of Transport could cross-check with the ATO, but:
- this would require state-federal collaboration, which isn't always easy
- the Ministry of Transport probably has more important things to be bothering with
- i'm not even sure if the MoT has a centralised list of who receives the concession, since the concession cards are administered by the universities

a substantial majority of students have part-time work, and everyone has the concession stamp/sticker/thing on their card. i've never heard even the faintest rumour of someone having any problems. don't worry about it.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
I've read about concessions on a site and it said that some uni's actually provide us with concession cards....while some don't.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
If students get caught with concession stickers when they shouldn't have them, it's actually the uni's that bare the consequences, as they administer them to the students.

Pretty much, as long as you're not an international student, you're safe.

brownie44

HSC
Anyone else?
Still a bit scared to apply!:confused:
Most people have concession stickers, even when they work part time (because lets face it, most people couldnt afford to be at uni without working!). I havent really heard of anyone having any troubles and I dont think the government could be bothered checking everyone who applies.

juggernaut

HSC
I thought it meant you couldnt work more than a certain amount of hours. It previously used to be around 16, but this year they raised it to alot more.

Thats what a Cumberland Campus student rep told me anyway.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
When I was applying for mine I told the woman at the counter that I was working a casual job and she said "everyone does" and gave me a concession label.

BigDk

HSC
Anyone else?
Still a bit scared to apply!:confused:
well jesus christ, dont get it then. no one can tell u what to do.

but if you get caught u will get a $150 fine and court appearance and a black mark against you permanant record.

alswell as being reported to the univeristy.

so its up to you.

КГБ

Banned
HSC
Uts doesn't even ask if your working. The id cards come pre stamped with concession labels. Its a win win situation.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
well jesus christ, dont get it then. no one can tell u what to do.

but if you get caught u will get a $150 fine and court appearance and a black mark against you permanant record.

alswell as being reported to the univeristy.

so its up to you.
Bahahahahaha.

You are a tool.

spence

HSC
Uts doesn't even ask if your working. The id cards come pre stamped with concession labels. Its a win win situation.
When I enrolled at UTS I had to sign a from saying I wasn't working, although I didn't at USyd

conics2008

HSC
hey when i got my sydney uni card, it acts like an aconcession card aswell....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)