Travel Ticket (1 Viewer)

kaitoufion

HSC
Sorry because I don't know much about this kind of things so I just wanna seek some advises here ^.^"

I am thinking of getting a ticket like those FlexiPass or TravelPass etc etc~
However I really don't know which one I should get @_@

I catch a train from Blacktown to Central then change bus to get to UNSW.
I will only go to Uni 3 days a week and I calculated that I will spend around $19 in transport~ I want to get one of those passes so then I won't need to line up forever just to buy a ticket for train/bus.

So which one should I get??? o_O

Can someone help me and give me some suggestions please??

HSC
er...mayb get a travel ten (brown) for ur bus and a 7 day travel pass for ur train?? I think im going to do that ..but i really dont know much about public transport too...:s

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
If you were to buy a Travelpass, you'd need a Purple one, which'd cost $27

Since you're only going 3 days a week, it'd be cheaper to buy 3 days worth of return tickets ($13.20) and a Brown Travelten for the uni bus ($10.60 for 10 trips - you'd use 6 each week)

HSC
hey...so what travelpass would i use if i went from narwee to central??and would it b worth it if i go for 5 days?

sunny

meh.
HSC
+GriM ReApeR+ said:
hey...so what travelpass would i use if i went from narwee to central??and would it b worth it if i go for 5 days?
I'm one station away - a Yellow Travelpass for $22 will do the job for the week. For five days its worth it. A student return to Central should be $3.6 (*5) and $1.3 for the bus each way (*2*5) goes to a total of $31

kaitoufion

HSC
Minai said:
If you were to buy a Travelpass, you'd need a Purple one, which'd cost $27

Since you're only going 3 days a week, it'd be cheaper to buy 3 days worth of return tickets ($13.20) and a Brown Travelten for the uni bus ($10.60 for 10 trips - you'd use 6 each week)
I see I see~~ So what do I buy a Brown Travelten?? Newsagent? or at Train Station? Also is there a way I can buy a train ticket that can be used for 3 days?? Like those 7Day Pass??

HSC
o...so a travelpass includes the bus ride as well??

k..I just checked the web site and it says :

"Yellow TravelPass
Gives you unlimited travel on CityRail services in the area bounded by Bondi Junction, Waitara (via North Sydney), Epping (via North Strathfield), Camellia, Parramatta, Chester Hill, Panania, Jannali and Olympic Park stations. Plus unlimited travel on Sydney Buses in the red and green areas – zones 1 to 8 (except north of Narrabeen lagoon) and unlimited travel on all Sydney Ferries, excluding Manly JetCats and premium services. "

but doesnt that mean i can only travel in the yellow area on trains ??

sunny

meh.
HSC
+GriM ReApeR+ said:
"Yellow TravelPass
Gives you unlimited travel on CityRail services in the area bounded by Bondi Junction, Waitara (via North Sydney), Epping (via North Strathfield), Camellia, Parramatta, Chester Hill, Panania, Jannali and Olympic Park stations. Plus unlimited travel on Sydney Buses in the red and green areas – zones 1 to 8 (except north of Narrabeen lagoon) and unlimited travel on all Sydney Ferries, excluding Manly JetCats and premium services. "
Look at the map. Bondi Junction is in the red area. All the other stations are the edge of some other area. You can use a Yellow Travelpass in any station bounded by those stations. Basically, if you get a Yellow Travelpass, you can use it on any station between Yellow and Red. You get a Purple you can use it anywhere between Purple and Red. You get a Green you can use it anywhere between Green and Red.

doingHSC

HSC
sunny said:
Look at the map. Bondi Junction is in the red area. All the other stations are the edge of some other area. You can use a Yellow Travelpass in any station bounded by those stations. Basically, if you get a Yellow Travelpass, you can use it on any station between Yellow and Red. You get a Purple you can use it anywhere between Purple and Red. You get a Green you can use it anywhere between Green and Red.
how long can u use the travel passess?

sunny

meh.
HSC
7 days, so you can use it when you go out for the weekend. Avoid buying them on a Monday, since that is when people queue up for their weekly tickets. Get them Sunday night or Tuesday instead.

dafidav

HSC
y cant u people buy a blue travelten which is $6.70

and what travelpass do i buy to travel from bankstown to central for 5 days?

and is there a unlimited pass for both train and bus for 5 days?

sunny

meh.
HSC
dafidav said:
y cant u people buy a blue travelten which is $6.70
Travelten is only for buses.

dafidav said:
and is there a unlimited pass for both train and bus for 5 days?
Travelpasses only come in weeklys for students/concessions.

einlancer

HSC
Nope. They are for city trains, buses and ferries in a certain designated zones depending on your travelpass.

specialjenny

HSC
Hey all.

I live near Parramatta which is a yellow section, but as you know Central is red so what travelpass would I need?

And this says:
Yellow TravelPass
Gives you unlimited travel on CityRail services in the area bounded by Bondi Junction, Waitara (via North Sydney), Epping (via North Strathfield), Camellia, Parramatta, Chester Hill, Panania, Jannali and Olympic Park stations. Plus unlimited travel on Sydney Buses in the red and green areas – zones 1 to 8 (except north of Narrabeen lagoon) and unlimited travel on all Sydney Ferries, excluding Manly JetCats and premium services. Click here to view map

So I will be able to travel on buses to unsw for free? Or do I have to pay to jump on the buses to unsw?

Thanks in advance!

sunny

meh.
HSC
specialjenny said:
I live near Parramatta which is a yellow section, but as you know Central is red so what travelpass would I need?

And this says:
Yellow TravelPass
Gives you unlimited travel on CityRail services in the area bounded by Bondi Junction, Waitara (via North Sydney), Epping (via North Strathfield), Camellia, Parramatta, Chester Hill, Panania, Jannali and Olympic Park stations. Plus unlimited travel on Sydney Buses in the red and green areas – zones 1 to 8 (except north of Narrabeen lagoon) and unlimited travel on all Sydney Ferries, excluding Manly JetCats and premium services. Click here to view map
From several posts up:
sunny said:
specialjenny said:
So I will be able to travel on buses to unsw for free? Or do I have to pay to jump on the buses to unsw?
The UNSW express costs $1.3 if you buy a ticket, or you can use your Travelpass.

specialjenny

HSC
Thanks Sunny!

Another question: Can I use the travelpass on Westbus? And other private bus companies?

Thanks!!!

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
so if i was going to travel from epping to unsw 5 days a week i should get a GREEN travel pass?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)