Traveling Overseas long flights (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
maybe malaysian airlines isnt as popular as singapore
i remember once there was a non-stop flight from sydney to london, so yeah 21 hours straight is possible

James747

HSC
jemsta said:
i remember once there was a non-stop flight from sydney to london, so yeah 21 hours straight is possible
As a regular passenger service i have doubt about it.... cuz apparently Singapore Airlines have the world's longest commercial flight which is to JFK (?) lasting 16 hours.

pete_mate

HSC
ive never had a problem with the qantas entertainment sytem. ive flown like 5 syd to la flights.

but those are the newest and best planes, and it's their flagship route.

i reckon the food was actually very good, almost restaurant quality. i mean, heaps better than the crap they serve in the aiport terminal or something. I would have asked for a second plate if i could be botehred.

service is a meh, if you use please and thankyou you will get good service. full stop.

purely by going and asking the hostess while saying please, she gave me 2 shots of bourbon, water, 2 snacks when i only wanted a drink.

as for the laptop, plane is 13hrs and batttery lasts like 3hrs, 2 if your watching a movie on average laptop. why bother, unless you need it for other shit later

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
SYD to LA is their flagship and QANTAS does pretty good on it considering how shocking United is.

I've only had a problem once when I've flown that route and it was only because the entertainment system was out for about a half hour. Plus I've flown it around twenty times since I moved here. There is no way I'd fly United. Ever.

James747

HSC
SYD to London is also one of Qantas' flagship routes - known as the Kangaroo Route.

And some airlines now equip their seats with in-seat power for laptops so you don't need to worry about the battery stuff. You'll just need the plug. Singapore Airline's new product has this feature.

trustmenever

Banned
HSC
in my opinion it depends on the flight for fun long flights
Singapore, British , Emirates airlines =rules , if u go in 1st class u will be in heaven .
there r lot of things to do, video games, free latest movies ( no need of carrying DVDs), food absolutely delightful,
i think i love the food and movies best, video games not mycup of tea .
by the way forgot to mention free best champagne, loved it
Thai and Malaysian airlines =sucks , boring, no free movies, 1st class is not that good, food is ok but not that great. if u don't have the habit of sleeping in the flight then u r doomed, coz ur next sit passenger will ask u trun the light low if u r reading a book while everyone asleep and watching DVD in such a small space = nightmare , plus if u laugh at the helarious bits in the movie ur neighboring passenger will ask u to shut the F@#$ up, not much comforts.

by the way, Quntas= ok , have fun in ur journey ,take some good books, music and games also DVDs , u will be fine.:) :wave:

yosemite sam

HSC
i flew singapore airlines to europe last year and their inflight entertainment is pretty damn good. because we flew out in april and came back in may they had changed their movies over (beginning of every month) so we got different movies on teh way back. they have the screens in the back of the seats in every class, and a huuuuuge range of movies and tv show episodes and music and games to play. highly recommended

James747

HSC
trustmenever said:
in my opinion it depends on the flight for fun long flights
Singapore, British , Emirates airlines =rules , if u go in 1st class u will be in heaven .
there r lot of things to do, video games, free latest movies ( no need of carrying DVDs), food absolutely delightful,
i think i love the food and movies best, video games not mycup of tea .
by the way forgot to mention free best champagne, loved it
Thai and Malaysian airlines =sucks , boring, no free movies, 1st class is not that good, food is ok but not that great. if u don't have the habit of sleeping in the flight then u r doomed, coz ur next sit passenger will ask u trun the light low if u r reading a book while everyone asleep and watching DVD in such a small space = nightmare , plus if u laugh at the helarious bits in the movie ur neighboring passenger will ask u to shut the F@#$ up, not much comforts.

by the way, Quntas= ok , have fun in ur journey ,take some good books, music and games also DVDs , u will be fine.:) :wave:
Essentailly, the "luxuries" onboard don't come "free". They're absorbed into the fare, where a first class ticket can typically cost up to 10 times or more the price of an economy class on the same flight.

And malaysian and thai do have seat back entertainment onboard, it just depends on which plane you flying on.

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
jemsta said:
unfortunately, that's not possible in the context of the route. It is possible to fly non-stop from London-Sydney however, but that's also dependent on the plane and load.

the reason why it can't do syd-london non-stop is due to prevalent winds being stronger than the winds coming from the east when flying to sydney.

I highly and seriously doubt a fully loaded 747 can fly non-stop from syd-london anyway.

If you're interested, the 777-200ER did just that I think 2 years ago in a bid to get qantas to buy the plane. The London-Sydney route.

ah im yacking again, but yeah :eek:

James747

HSC
Air Canada will soon be flying Vancouver to Sydney non-stop with their new 777... not sure how long the flight will be, but its gonna be looooonnnggggg....

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Panda Bear said:
unfortunately, that's not possible in the context of the route. It is possible to fly non-stop from London-Sydney however, but that's also dependent on the plane and load.

the reason why it can't do syd-london non-stop is due to prevalent winds being stronger than the winds coming from the east when flying to sydney.

I highly and seriously doubt a fully loaded 747 can fly non-stop from syd-london anyway.

If you're interested, the 777-200ER did just that I think 2 years ago in a bid to get qantas to buy the plane. The London-Sydney route.

ah im yacking again, but yeah :eek:
ah ok thanks for clearing that up
i knew it was either syd-lon or lon-syd, but it looked like i just muddled up the route

James747 said:
Air Canada will soon be flying Vancouver to Sydney non-stop with their new 777... not sure how long the flight will be, but its gonna be looooonnnggggg....
i think syd-LA would be around 14 hours, so syd to vancouver would roughly be about 16-17 hours
i certainly dont wanna be stuck in economy for 17 hrs....9 hrs is already bad enough going to hk

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
You're all big babies.

Fourteen hour flights are nothing these days. The SYD-LA route is not that bad, you've got a ton of entertainment right in front of you, the chance to get some sleep, food, reading etc. If it's so terrible, pop a sleeping pill with a bloody Mary: instand shut eye.

Two more hours isn't going to kill anyone.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
that two hours could be the difference between being fine and developing a potentially fatal condition

snowbunny

HSC
qantas really needs to pick up their act

entertainment system always breaks down

and alot of their flight attendents are really rude, snobby and unfriendly...very disappointing

lexie85

HSC
try to get into the mile high club, that should keep you entertained for awhile
especially if your on a qantas flight

James747

HSC
jemsta said:
that two hours could be the difference between being fine and developing a potentially fatal condition
Hahahaha....
Kinda true, ask anyone who travels around frequently in a plane and I'm sure they'll tell you the hardest hours to burn is always the last few, but of course, not everyone hates flying. Haha

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
damn i wanna travel on business class at least
i know i wont be complaining...even if was a sydney-london flight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)