Traveling to uni time consuming?? (1 Viewer)

Cedric-5813

HSC
its gonna take me at least 1hr and half to get to my campus which is all the way in Penrith. I have to change trains a few times and then catch a bus just to get to my campus everytime...
is there anyone else who finds it hard to get to their uni ? or is there anyone who pretty much lives next to their campus?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Cedric-5813 said:
its gonna take me at least 1hr and half to get to my campus which is all the way in Penrith. I have to change trains a few times and then catch a bus just to get to my campus everytime...
is there anyone else who finds it hard to get to their uni ? or is there anyone who pretty much lives next to their campus?
If I caught the train and bus it would take me much longer than that... but I drive so it only takes 35 minutes.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I live about 1.5 hours away from my uni and take the train. I hate it, but it's doable. It'd be hellish if I was doing a science degree with 8am lectures, though.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Getting to school took me 1.5hrs each way, and I'm facing the same thing for uni. It all comes down to whether you think it's worth it.

hannahxxx

HSC
Cedric-5813 said:
Well I'm a 10min walk from campus (it's very hilly). If the 1.5 hrs was uninterrupted then it'd obviously be easier, seeing as you could do course readings etc. in the time so it's not wasted. But yeah with syd transport you end up going all over the place rather than in the direction you need. If you've got your Ps and save to buy a car over the next yr it'll hopefully be a lot easier for you in the future :(
Edit: be clever and when you're doing your timetable and look for ways so that maybe you can only be at uni 2 days p/w

Last edited:

Foxodi

HSC
My future uni is 1.5 hours away from me, I'll most likely be moving on campus.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
it takes me 2 hrs to get to uni currently, by taking a bus then a train. i blame my parents for thinking living in the sticks is a good idea. i think i may be moving out soon though.

driving is almost always quicker than public transport. if i could drive i could be at uni in an hour and a half max. so yeah if the travel time and changing trains bugs you you could drive, if youve got your licence. whereabouts do you live?

^emmie^

HSC
i have to catch a train and bus and will take im guessing a bit over an hour but i dont really care ill just read or something....

HSC
i live 15 minutes away but if i took public transport it would take 45.

however you get to uni you get used to it.

tennille

HSC
It'll be hard the first few weeks but you'll get used to it. I live 1.5 hours away from my uni and I used to have 8am lectures.

loser101

HSC
so long as u can find a seat on the train, use that time to review your notes. so really u incorporate your 2 hours you have sitting down into reading.

in first year i travelled about 2 hours each way to UNSW and it never hurt my grades.

15 minute drive to train station
10 minute wait for train
50 minute train ride
10 minute wait/queue for bus
20 minute bus ride

some days i would drive, but at the current price for petrol i doubt i could afford that.

Ads54

HSC
its gonna take me an 1-1.5 hrs to get to the penrith campus but im only goin' be doing a bridging course there for two weeks. Then i'll be headed to campbelltown campus which is a 10 min drive from where i live....
Edit: If it was 3-4 years of going to penrith campus it take away what little endurance i have...

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah it doesnt matter how long it takes, you'll get used to it. you might hate your life every time you have to get up at 6:30 to make a 10am class, but you'll get used to it. i did and so have countless others.

Crholic

HSC
HEY i got to trvael to penrith too! but i dont mind im in uni so ill do whatever i can to get there

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Where's the best place to park at for usyd camperdown? Broadway shops or carpark next to office works? I hate the usyd shepard st carpark $4p/h or $24 all day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)