Travelling....Around the World (1 Viewer)

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
glitterfairy said:
shut up! shut up! I have brand new 11cm heels now (zomg, like the tallest heels I have EVER owned or worn in my whole entire life) and can now see like I have never seen before :p

This does of course, raise my height to the far more socially acceptable level of 161 cms. Which is still shorter than average, but not ridiculously shorter than average. It's a pity I can't wear them for too long though as they make my feet hurt :( but damn they look good!
wear platforms? i know they're outdated, but if it does't bother you...

-P_D

HSC
N/A
platforms are actually coming back in now :p And have been, for at least a season or two. My new shoes are platforms *nods*

Normally I'd avoid them though. Walking in any kind of heel - wedges and platforms included - requires a slightly different style of walking and one that's not suited to everyday use unless you have a naturally long stride length to begin with.

For the record I'm actually very much at peace with my height - but a lot of my friends get a kick out of jokingly teasing me about it, and it's just as much fun to banter back about it, so :)

mserica

HSC
At the moment im only at 23k, but by July 08 I will have approximately 45k (the 45k is for my partner and I)

We have allocated a 20-25k budget per person .... and I have no idea if thats enough money.. so until i look into real detail I guess it will have to do...

But the last thing i want to do is go over for the few months and not have enough money !!

How much does everyone think will be enough??

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
goto amsterdam where everything is legal! and go to mexico!!!

X

xeuyrawp

mserica said:
How much does everyone think will be enough??
Generally speaking, the longer the trip, the greater range budgets can vary.

It really depends on how frugal you are. One of my friends did a 3-month Near Eastern stint for $15k, but she's a student and it was the Arab world.

Are you really sure that you want to commit such a long time and savings to this? After travelling overseas for more than three months 3 times, I've come to the decision that 3 months is the most I'd ever go anywhere without doing something like exchange/study/homestay/etc. 5 months seems huge -- you don't want to break it up a bit?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i have not read everything on this thread, but i will later ...

my whole 8 months I've been away... it has cost me a little over 20k all together and I'm running out of dosh quick smart lol

I think your going to need a whole lot more because i go to school every day (5 days) and i dont travel every weekend and im still running out of money... your going to need a lot more than 23k especially if you want to go everywhere and stay in moderate housing and go shopping of course.

go for a shorter period so you dont have to drop outta uni or work maybe...???

like during the summer period in australia.. thats 3 months right there?

i think this whole trip is going to cost me around..... 23-24k??

only because i want to travel the south americas after exams.

mserica

HSC
Well... main reason for going for the few months is

1 - its difficult for both my partner and I to get time off work at the same time 2 2 - its been scheduled in with our work and approved,
3 - We both have meetings scheduled with some companies whilst we are over in Canada and the States so we thought that we would do europe first before our business meetings (as they accom will be covered in the States ) (of which we will be there for three weeks)

I think that we will have enough money as flights and 5 weeks of accom is already covered :) I just dont want to think its going to be more expensive!!

Mind you... i still have alot of planning to do!!

THanks for all your input and thoughts... i have now got added places I wish to visit.. as previously Japan wasnt on my list but its there now !!

Any further thoughts would be brilliant :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
mserica said:
I think that we will have enough money as flights and 5 weeks of accom is already covered :) I just dont want to think its going to be more expensive!!
Originally I didn't think you would have enough money either but you missed this vital piece of information! You should have enough money

somewhereelse

HSC
how much do you think i'd need if i was going to europe, to stay with people i know for a few months, (but still donig lots of travelling around- i have friends in france/swizerland/england/norway/germany) and probably also getting a job for a while too? i aim for 10k of savings at the end of the year ... would i need more than this? i might be buying my flights with ff points too..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)