travelling times to work (1 Viewer)

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
how long do you travel to work..
i just got a job and it takes me an hour and a half to get there!
plus cos i need to use private bus i fares i pay are shocking like nearly 9 bucks both ways! i just hope i get paid more than i pay to get there...

btw when do they tell you how much they'll pay you? cos i don't wanna ask and sound desperate, but then again before we start work don't they ask for like account details and stuff..seeing as the store opens on saturday shouldn't we have been asked for that already...?

thanks

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
20-30 min drive... it sucks ass. 'hey rach can you come into work in 15 mins?' ahh yeah sure NO!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I don't work, but the place I volunteer at is an hour away by car (I started there coz there was no point in going all the way to uni [also an hours drive] on a Monday just for a 1 hr lec 4-5), and the places I may be getting jobs at are 15-20 minutes drive. No such thing as public transport.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
2 min drive or 20 mins walk for me.. i love my local shopping centre
we had to fill in our bank details at the induction (cuz they pay you for any training that you do) and they told us how much we would be getting paid then (there was this sheet with all the wages that was passed around the room)
hmm its a bit shifty they havent asked already.. but at the end of ur first shift ask them

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
5 minutes and i'm pretty much anywhere I could be in town.

The question of pay is raised during the interview most times unless it was clearly stated in the advertisement, even then a range is usually given. You could always try bluffing your way into finding out how much you earn by asking for clarification on certain aspects of the job.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if you're keeping the job anyway just wait until you get paid to ask for your wages. i find most places don't tell you until you get paid.

if you're spending $20 on travel each day that's a waste, depending on how much you're making it's fine for now but i think you should look for something closer to home.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
nah it costs 10 bucks both ways...anyway we did like three days (2hours each day) of training and wondering if we get paid for that or not? seeing as we didn't actually serve any customers do we get paid for that ?

also he said we have to pay for our uniforms ( shirt and cap) which he'll deduct from wages automatically ? crap ! just as the holidays start and i get even less then i should get .

Ps i am looking for closer to home work but if i can stick with this one then in feb next year i think they'll be a closer store openning

btw whats a bsb number?

MouNtY

it takes an hour and a half by train to get to work, plus about 15 minutes to get there in the bus

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i live about 2 minute drive from work
and like 7 minute walk...
i can see my work from my balcony...
its soo convinient...

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Another lucky one here, Chatswood is a 5 minute drive for me, but parking is a bastard there at the best of times let alone at Christmas, so a two-station ride on the train is good enough for me.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
1 hour to a max of two hours depending on whether there's connecting trains/buses. and whether they stuff up or not.

live at north-west, travel to the airport for work

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
choco said:
nah it costs 10 bucks both ways...anyway we did like three days (2hours each day) of training and wondering if we get paid for that or not? seeing as we didn't actually serve any customers do we get paid for that ?
It's against the law for them not to pay you for this.

Also, is the company operating under an Enterprise Agreement/Award?
This will tell you your pay.

Try Wagenet.

How much are they taking you out of your pay for your uniform? Is it refundable when you return the uniform?

Those fares sound very unreasonable, is this the only transport provider? And is your workplace situated in a popular destination?

Hope this helps.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Really?! What do you do at the airport?
I work at a retail fashion store at the airside. though i wish I am one of the airline ground staff :p

*well, working towards it! hehe*

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
It takes me bout 20 mins to get to work...
Dunno how you cbf'd travlling for an hour and a half :confused:

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
biggles04 said:
How much are they taking you out of your pay for your uniform? Is it refundable when you return the uniform?
yeah the cost is refundable when you leave...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)