• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Travelling to Thailand via Tour? (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I'm thinking of doing an Intrepid tour of Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.

They're pretty cheap, quite small groups. Plus it would be just me and my sister going and I don't know anything about asia so I want the security of a tour group.

My cousin just got back from one and she highly recommended it.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
scarybunny said:
I'm thinking of doing an Intrepid tour of Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.

They're pretty cheap, quite small groups. Plus it would be just me and my sister going and I don't know anything about asia so I want the security of a tour group.

My cousin just got back from one and she highly recommended it.

What's intrepid tour?

i think the best for my friend what i suggested is book flights here, get a hotel near trains and public transport at the city and next to a tour agency and book tours there which would be much cheaper.

Wrong or good thing?

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
icraig88 said:
definately go it yourself, it's easy. shop around instead of booking the first tour. with the tiger temple, elephant track and the zoo we got a taxi and went ourselves. for the 10 hours in the taxi it cost us only 2000 baht, which is roughly $60. so find your own way, and doing things yourself is much more enjoyable. i went to vietnam on a tour and it was nowhere near as good.

I think females travelling alone in foreign countries is creepy :rofl:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Intrepid is a company.

They're probably one step up from backpacking, but their tour sounds really good.

Edit- Haha, I don't think I'm brave enough to travel alone, or just with my sister. We need guidance and protection!

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
scarybunny said:
Intrepid is a company.

They're probably one step up from backpacking, but their tour sounds really good.

Edit- Haha, I don't think I'm brave enough to travel alone, or just with my sister. We need guidance and protection!
Oh, anyway with that tour does it include flights or it's the cost for the tour only?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Tour only.

So you have to get yourself to singapore, and home from kuala lumpur or something.

I'm pretty sure all transfers within it are covered, though. Overnight train, ferry etc.

And you have to pay for most food (not expensive), travel insurance, spending money, etc.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
chicky_pie said:
I think females travelling alone in foreign countries is creepy :rofl:

maybe i should go along then, i loved thailand. had the best time of my life there, although i was sick from drinking so fucking much when i was in phuket.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)