Travelling (1 Viewer)

Kittycat

HSC
It should in a way. I had friends who travelled for 4 hours to and from high school and she said she rather go to a school closer to her.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Not really (in terms of having any impact on my studies). I have between 3 and 4 hours of travel in total each day, and a long train trip is great for catching up with friends or getting a bit of work done.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Not really (in terms of having any impact on my studies). I have between 3 and 4 hours of travel in total each day, and a long train trip is great for catching up with friends or getting a bit of work done.

Generator

HSC
N/A

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yeah, it's not too bad, I travel 2 and a bit hours each way to get to uni and back home, and it doesn't really affect me much... depends on the type of student you are, if you're one who doesn't exactly need to do hours of study, you'll find it fine, but if you do it can be a bit of a drama. But if you're travelling on train etc. it gives you perfect time to get stuck into some uni work on the way home, or catch up on stuff due that day on the way to uni.

Smurf133

I travel about 30 an hour every day coz my course is a full time course which is 2, 3 hour lectures a day 5 days a week so its a only a one year course plus i'm doing an internship at the college and its at the Sydney turf club 2 days a week, unpaid but the idea is to get the training and qualifications for it all so we will be ahead of ppl who have been at uni doing marketing for 3 year, but i have the qualifications so i would get preference which is really cool.

I'm glad i didn't go to UNI a business college is so much better.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
argh i can't stand travelling i only have to travel about 40 minutes, but 'cos i start at 9am and finish at 6pm im smack bang in the middle of both the peak hour periods :(

my only salvation is music...

Kittycat

HSC
Originally posted by johnson
argh i can't stand travelling i only have to travel about 40 minutes, but 'cos i start at 9am and finish at 6pm im smack bang in the middle of both the peak hour periods :(

my only salvation is music...
there there, we feel ya.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Tocatina
What is everybody's opinion on travelling to uni everyday? (I mean, say > 2-3 hrs per day?) Does it affect your studies etc?
nahhhh, it isn't bad at all, if your thinking of moving out just for this reason, get a car instead, moving out will costs much more than getting a car, and you will miss your mummy's food :D

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
nahhhh, it isn't bad at all, if your thinking of moving out just for this reason, get a car instead, moving out will costs much more than getting a car, and you will miss your mummy's food :D
haha well buying a car isn't that great either cos if you go to uni in the city, it takes you HELLA longer to get there and back (traffic) and around $10 a day for parking. that's not including petrol either, and trying to find a parking

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
to get to my uni of choice i will have to travel around 2hrs every day to get there and back. i dont really think of it as a lot, coz its already 40 minutes to get to skool and back, so its not a huge drive for me. i will be driving (no public transport, i live in 'the country') so i wont get to use that time for study. but its all about prioritising and making time for study.

mullet

I drive ... 25 minutes each way. Wouldn't waste my time on a bus/train/bus b/c it takes too frickin long.

Also it's free if I drive - my parents pay for my petrol/insurance. :)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by mullet
I drive ... 25 minutes each way. Wouldn't waste my time on a bus/train/bus b/c it takes too frickin long.

Also it's free if I drive - my parents pay for my petrol/insurance. :)
ANOTHER spoiled wealthy bastard

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by mullet
As if I'm gunna say no if they offer. Makes my life easier, so why not?
Your in Uni now, you should learn how to be "indepedent" or are you one of those daddy's gurl or daddy's boy?

Anywayz is none of my business :p but seriously you should learn to become "indepedent"

mullet

Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
Your in Uni now, you should learn how to be "indepedent" or are you one of those daddy's gurl or daddy's boy?

Anywayz is none of my business :p but seriously you should learn to become "indepedent"
Why should I? Just because you have to? Tough luck.

You're right, it is none of your business. You have no idea if I'm "independent" or not. Just because my parents pay for petrol doesn't mean I'm dependent. They offer, and its one less thing I have to pay for. :rolleyes:

Tocatina

Yeah If I moved out I wouldn't be able to use my parents' car. I don't think I could afford a car and the running costs, so it would be public transport.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)