trial essays (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im going to need to increase my writing speed before the HSC. I usually get 3 pages for each.

veg

it's so hard writing fast in the HSC. a booklet is around 8 pages, so if you fill that up, you're on fire!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
how much is one A4 page in a hsc booklet? because we are using normal A4 pads for our trials and im writing about 4 pages for each.... ive given yp on even attempting more because i came to the conclusion that an essay on the computer that takes up about 2 1/4 pages is equivalent to 4 pages of my writing so i make sure thats the longest my practice essays are and therefore ensuring that I dont have to cut shit out.....

pity that none of my study or practice helped for the independent advanced paper... THAT KING LEAR QUESTION WAS REDICULOUS.... i bullshitted my way through the WHOLE thing- 4 pages of bullshit

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ask your teacher to have a look at an old hsc booklet, they should have blank ones laying around.
i think that one booklet a4 page is like 1.5 regular a4 paper...but thats only like a rough guess.

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
1 HSC page = 50% normal A4 page for me hehe
i write HUGE.. about 4-6 words per line

hmmm, personally i think ppl should aim for over 8 pages cos it really impresses the markers and you can get more in...

8 fricken pages
Oh my god!!! I wrote about 2-3, I write kinda small and slow, and i think slow
*thinks to himself "why is he doin adv english?" looks to the bottom right corner of his vision, he's thinking of something creative to say. he might lie...*
Look a leprechaun!! ------------>
*sigh* i need to improve my jokes.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
I believe the emphasis is on quality than quantity

coz I only wrote 3 pages for DOnne and got 18, wrote at least 4 pages for the other two but only got 17 only.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I write quite fast but I can still only manage 3 A4 pages at the most. It's really frustrating.

I remember being told of quality not quantity earlier in high school, but It's probably not entirely true, because I've lost marks before simply because my work is "not long enough". Actually, the last assessment I did, that was the only comment made on the paper, as to why I lost 60%, which I think is a tad rough. There was nothing wrong with the "quality" of it. :mad:

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by sugaryblue
I believe the emphasis is on quality than quantity

coz I only wrote 3 pages for DOnne and got 18, wrote at least 4 pages for the other two but only got 17 only.
Ditto... i agree

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
someone told me this guy in Cherrybrook tech wrote 20 pages in 40 minutes. I wanna know what he has written!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)