• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

trial marks (1 Viewer)

yanujw

HSC
Just fished out my old NSB 2021 trial practice paper from my drawer. I got 73 in that paper and then an external mark of 92 in the HSC... so do with that information whatever you will.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Just fished out my old NSB 2021 trial practice paper from my drawer. I got 73 in that paper and then an external mark of 92 in the HSC... so do with that information whatever you will.
but tbh there's a difference from nsb and the hsc - also you would have had six weeks prep between trials and hsc? I guess it's a rough estimate

synthesisFR

HSC
but tbh there's a difference from nsb and the hsc - also you would have had six weeks prep between trials and hsc? I guess it's a rough estimate
Yeah but like it’s a good estimate to see where I should be rn and also what kinda marks I would get in hsc rn

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
i mean I was getting 85-92 in adv past papers and then got 98 external mark (96 raw i believe). so it depends on how you hard you mark the paper and your performance on the day

scaryshark09

HSC
im kinda worried cause some past papers for ext 1 im getting around 75% and for some ext 2 around 60%

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
im kinda worried cause some past papers for ext 1 im getting around 75% and for some ext 2 around 60%
Some parent of one of my friends said that back when they did 4u, they barely answered half the test on the HSC day and somehow still got a band 5/6

Now idk how likely or true this story is, but all I know is 4u raw marks are nowhere near a true representation of the HSC mark...

scaryshark09

HSC
yeh thats cause 4u used to be way harder and i think had better alignment.
the new syllabus is kinda easier although last years hsc was near the difficulty of old syllabus
but you are right, mx2 has the best alignment out of any subjects, and on top of that it has the best scaling.
once you get above 80 raw in a normal difficuly exam, the alignemnt usually goes close to mid 90s and then that gets scaled, and then that scaled mark is near the atar equivalent of 99.95.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)