Trial Performance Marks (1 Viewer)

dany_starlet

HSC
How did everyone go with their trial performance GP marks?

We just got ours back... bit late but meh..

Our marks were out of 30, same as everyone else?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
we got 27/30, but that was generous i think. i am sure we went sooo much better in the real thing because WE ACTUALLY HAD AN ENDING!!!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
dany_starlet said:
Aw wow. Congrats! Especially for not having an ending!
thanks. i think at my school they only mark up to what we have done, so the structural coherence is not really focused on...anyway it is the only explanation i can come up with about the mark considering it was only 3/4 finished. but i dont really care about that, i am really stressing over my final group marks. i got an onstage nod so i guess i got full marks for individual, but my group was quite risque so i guess im going to have to wait it out...

C

Crazy Pomo

Trial Vs Onstage

AlleyCat said:
thanks. i think at my school they only mark up to what we have done, so the structural coherence is not really focused on...anyway it is the only explanation i can come up with about the mark considering it was only 3/4 finished. but i dont really care about that, i am really stressing over my final group marks. i got an onstage nod so i guess i got full marks for individual, but my group was quite risque so i guess im going to have to wait it out...
Careful now. I'd say you got near full marks. What did you get for Trial individual? I'm guessing the 27 was for group? For my trial I got 27 individually which I thought was a sham because I thought I deserved more purely because I was better, or rather, no worse than people who got 28's and above. Of course I was well happy cause 27 is an awesome mark for trial and its weighted out of 10% anyway so it turns out to be a 9 out of 10%. Two people got 30 for individual in our class and 3 got 30 for groups. My group mark was 26, which was Okish considering we were apparently the worst group at the time. It was also the highest mark within my group. For individual the lowest in our class was 22 and for group I think the lowest in the class was 22 or 23. Overall it was epic results which was good. It was funny though cause the masses went epically in performance trial but average to shit for written trial, as is always the case. I got 17/20 for "Contemporary Australian Theatre since the 1970's" and 18/20 for Theatre studies: Brecht.

Interesting to compare the trials to onstage preselections. The group that got preselected had the lowest mark within the group, and the largest spread between marks within their group (6 people ... 22 - 28) and neither of the two people that got 30 for trials individually got preselected. For that matter, neither of the people that got 29 got preselected either. Everyone went much better on the day for individuals... well most. A few people went shitter which is satisfying. The groups were apparently more epic aswell.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i got 27 for GP and 28 for IP, so not much difference between them. i have no idea about other people, mainly because my class is insanely competitive and i dont like to join in the mark-swapping.

no one else in the class got an onstage nom, which i personally thought was a little strange, as there were others that i thought were very original and deserving, but i guess the markers are the ones that choose and it all comes down to personal preference.

and you really shouldnt feel satisfied if other people go badly. you all worked very hard and it would be extremely distressing for a person to make a mistake in their performance, only made worse by others willing them to fuck it up. i know that you dont really mean that, it just makes me angry to see such bitter competitiveness amongst young people, especially when we are not even in any variety of job.

for my trial essays i got 19/20 for both brecht and aussie, which was pretty cool considering i worked really hard at it, and essays arent usually my strong point.

delicate_evelyn

HSC
Well i don't know if anyone will read this seeing as the last time someone posted was septmeber but thought i'd see anyway.
I think, even though it may be fun to talk about what you got and try to compare yourself to others you can't really do that because it depends on how your teacher marked you and you don't know how easy or hard they may have marked you compared to other schools. I'm hoping my teacher marked me the way the HSC markers would have like he always said he did, he actually told me he marked me conservatively meaning he marked me lower then what he expected i would get. For Group my mark was 29/30 and for IP my mark was 29/30

C

Crazy Pomo

AlleyCat said:
i got 27 for GP and 28 for IP, so not much difference between them. i have no idea about other people, mainly because my class is insanely competitive and i dont like to join in the mark-swapping.

no one else in the class got an onstage nom, which i personally thought was a little strange, as there were others that i thought were very original and deserving, but i guess the markers are the ones that choose and it all comes down to personal preference.

and you really shouldnt feel satisfied if other people go badly. you all worked very hard and it would be extremely distressing for a person to make a mistake in their performance, only made worse by others willing them to fuck it up. i know that you dont really mean that, it just makes me angry to see such bitter competitiveness amongst young people, especially when we are not even in any variety of job.

for my trial essays i got 19/20 for both brecht and aussie, which was pretty cool considering i worked really hard at it, and essays arent usually my strong point.
I'm not satisfied that other people go badly? I don't think I said that. I helped everyone in my group for their individuals, and helped them individually within our group, as they helped me. I gave feed back to other groups and other individuals, mainly because some people asked me to do so. I don't think you should get on your moral highhorse, seeing its just a fucked up HSC anyway.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Crazy Pomo said:
I'm not satisfied that other people go badly? I don't think I said that. I helped everyone in my group for their individuals, and helped them individually within our group, as they helped me. I gave feed back to other groups and other individuals, mainly because some people asked me to do so. I don't think you should get on your moral highhorse, seeing its just a fucked up HSC anyway.
Crazy Pomo said:
A few people went shitter which is satisfying. The groups were apparently more epic aswell.
what?!?! moral high horse? i was simply unaware of the specifics of your situation. now i understand that you believed you deserved higher marks because you helped others. that is understandable.
but what the fuck is wrong with your attitude?

C

Crazy Pomo

AlleyCat said:
what?!?! moral high horse? i was simply unaware of the specifics of your situation. now i understand that you believed you deserved higher marks because you helped others. that is understandable.
but what the fuck is wrong with your attitude?
My attitude is evidently bent. I did not believe I helped other because I helped others. I thought I deserved better marks anyway. I helped others because I helped others. Saying that was in response to you saying I took joy in other people going shit. I said it was 'satisfying' to know that other people went not as well as me and there wasn't something drastically wrong with my peice and that it was ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)