Trial Practice Questions (1 Viewer)

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
Hey thought maybe we should share either practice questions, or in my case, I've had my exam, so I'll just post exactly what I got! (well what I can remember)

The first section (historian study) we had an article from the SMH 2002, about the relative objectiveness of history. It talked about the strictly objective historians who aim for truth, and the more 'hippe' historians who aim for a story, and accept that history cannot be truthful.
The question was something along the lines of "With regards to the above source and your chosen historians, discuss whether or not history can ever be truthful"

Our next section (case study) for which we are doing Elizabeth I, was a quote, which i can't remember and then asked us to "with reference to the quote and at least 2 historians,evaluate two interpretations regarding two different areas of contention"

vicksta

HSC
hmm its a bit hard to swap questions without the actual historiographyarticles, because most of the questions are the same, u just need to practise referring to each particular article... so if anybody actually has the articles and are able to post them up, itd be great!

Jezapbo

HSC
Its pretty much always 2 historians interpretation of 2 arguments for Case study. That can be taken for granted. The quote just slightly modifys the point of your argument, something like 'A historians background gives each a different perspective on a valid issue' discuss...

!!belle!!

what historians are good to use for the historiography section.. i hate historiography

Jezapbo

HSC
I try to know a range to cover all bases.

Hero/Thu for ancient entertainment.
Cato/Tacitus/Suetonius/Livy for ancient morals.
Vene B for religious aspects
Gibbon for judgements
Ranke for Scientific
White for Postmodern.

I generally use combinations of those in answering. But im from ancient history background so im not too fond of some of the modern ones.. others mayb differ due to their background.

*thinks i got each historian in right place there* not sure though

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
We can classify them but it really depends on the question as to which historians are most appropiate to use to answer the question.

!!belle!!

thankyou jezapbo... i havent started studying my trials are monday lol.. sarah ya gota a point it all dpends on the gay question...

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
i've seen that article, my teacher made us do an outline of it in the early stages of doing the topic What is History? Actually my teacher gave us a whole booklet of questions with sources for us to practice from! Its actually quite useful but i haven't really practice that many!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
my teachers been telln us 2 do outlines of different areas 4 study. ie. utilitariansim, art vs science, political uses, objective vs subjective etc. we're supposed 2 list historians/schools that we could use under each heading and study em that way. it works pretty well coz then u can c how they all link up 2gether, rather than just learnin historians and havin 2 decide on the day where ull put em.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)