Trial Question (1 Viewer)

HSC
Upon doing trial papers, of which I have many for Legal Studies, I found this question:

"Discuss how tort law has developed as a reflection of past and present society." (6)

What sort of question is that? Grrr......

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
It's a very gay question.

But you'd probably talk about how the principles of nuisance, defamation, trespass and...shit, the other one, are really just principles of common law which have been amalgamated into their type of law because of their prevalence.

HSC
Are we supposed to know that? I mean I know what they are, but not in that much detail.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Yeah. See, the marks in this section are consistently close each year so BOS people are throwing in left-field questions like these to test students.

Be aware.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Maybe the expect you to refer to tort law reform such as the Civil Liabilities Act 2002.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Ziff said:
Maybe the expect you to refer to tort law reform such as the Civil Liabilities Act 2002.
dude, not all of us are law students. just yet.

HSC
Well, I thought I would share what I thought was one crap, painful question that I would not have a clue how to answer, or know whether we need to know how to answer it. It was in a trial paper, and through looking at actual past hsc papers, I have not seen any questions similar to this.....yet. Basically, would we need to know what to write do you think? If so, what would one write?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)