trial results? + just anything. (1 Viewer)

Sham

92NTY6
HSC
geez. sort of a dead section here aint it.
how'd everyone go on the trials aye....?

and anyone doing the optional research?
- if so, what'd the teacher do instead of paper 2 for marking..
because mine just left paper 2 out altogether..!

ha, we need some talk going on here.. anything..!
hm, anyone involved with their local shows as part of the ag-class..?

Last edited:

king_bludger

HSC
Im un-impressed

I got a lousy 40% for my ag trial mark. i could blame it on many things all not worth it.

Hmm my two option topics are "animal management" and "sustainable land and resource management"

whitelder

2005 Grad Student
HSC
I got 72% for my Agriculture trial. I am seriously impressed by that.
My two electives are Horticulture and Sustainable Land Managment: I plan to do TAFE next year and do Companion Animal Services and Captive Animal Services as well.

Last edited:

JP@Oak

HSC
I got 97%, pretty bummed bout not getting those last marks. Oh well. The electives we are doing are animal management and plant management.

Sham

92NTY6
HSC
two days x_x

hmph. tried to stay away from here just not to see '2 Days Until HSC' - failed in that little endeavour.

hm, well the rest of the class took the sustainability option as well - and then the second one was up to them -- pretty even division in plant or animal management.

whitelder said:
I plan to do TAFE next year and do Companion Animal Services and Captive Animal Services as well.
oh hey! another blacktown'er! I've been checking those two courses out as well but haven't gotten to writing the applic. - still shuffling uni prefs. -- mind if i ask what you guys put for yours?

then if there are any sheep-focused ones around, im meant to be judging some classes at St. Ives, not too sure if its meat/wool or both so has anyone got some tried and tested tips that could come in handy?

Last edited:

vettie

HSC
Re: Trial results

hi,
i do ag by correspondence and my trial mark was 77% i was pretty happy although it was 3rd in the class. oh well i hope to do better on wednesday next week...

suzieee

HSC

i got 88 in my trial. hopefully i can get a band 6 in the hsc... i didnt study at all for my trial (except for trying to memorise the names of the four stomachs in ruminants... i ended up calling them "rumen", "honeycomb", "bible" and "true stomach" haha. but i topped my class. but then there are only 3 in my class...) so if i do a bit of study i should be ok :)

my class finished the course early so we did three electives so we can pick the best questions. we did animal management, agribusiness and sustainable land and resource management.

Good luck on friday :)

suzieee

HSC

yeah, we were involved with heaps of shows and stuff... we went in junior judging comps, went to steer shows (soooo much fun, esp the disco thing...), stole tractors, went to sheep shows, we've been to excursions to everyone in my classes houses (we all live on properties), and to other peoples properties... we used to have so much fun in ag... i remember once we stole one of the school tractors and got it bogged in the creek. the teacher was away so we just 'borrowed' his keys :) haha ag was the best!

colli-17

HSC
I got 81, With a bit of work I wil get a band six, But we have great facilities at school, so yeah i should be right

suzieee

HSC
do you go to farrer colli?? hmmmm... im going to tamworth tomorrow.
ag is over :(
no more cattle shows, 'borrowing' tractors while our teacher is away and getting them bogged in the river cos ah thought it would be 'fun', no more running over tony on the motorbikes, no more crazy excursions to inverell (we got there and the person who was going to talk to us was stuck at sydney airport), no more
realising that the cattle werent ready to lead once we'd already lead them out of the yard, no more almost tipping the tractor near the river, no more picking blackberries while our teacher waits (patiently) for us under a tree, no more walking around the school covered in cattle hair, no more catching ducklings from the dam, no more watching chickens hatch for the whole period...
how sad :(
and ive blown my hope for a band 6 cos i stuffed up question 2c in the electives part by writing about subjective measurement instead of objective measurement. it was worth 8 marks :(
im going to bed.

colli-17

HSC
Heya,
Yeah I went to farrer, i will miss that school, What are you here in tamworth for, It is raining pretty well here today, I am going to check my cattle on our other place today so I will be in town at about 4, What did you right about that was subjective, The question was asking about ebv's so that was brilliant, My dads a stock agent dso I learnt to read them as a kid lol.
Anyway will talk soon
Pm me with your email if you want

suzieee

HSC
i went to tamworth to buy shoes for my formal (its on friday night)
i have no idea about the subjective thing... my teacher said thats what it was and hes usually the head ag marker or something (but not this yr cos his daughter is in my class)
i know like nothing about ebvs even tho ive lived on a beef property all my life!! i know if its negative its below average... anyways, as long as i get into uni i dont care about my marks :)

suzieee

HSC
decisions, decisions... theres a school cattle show on in armidale tomorrow... should i go on one last ag excursion (my teacher said i could lead my steer if i wanted to :) ) and risk stuffinh up chem majorly, or stay home and do chem all day?? i know i should study, but i want to go to one last cattle show...
what do you guys think... ag or chem??

nic56

Sheep Station (farm 4city ppl) 50 km NW of Wentwor
HSC

vettie said:
hi,
i do ag by correspondence and my trial mark was 77% i was pretty happy although it was 3rd in the class. oh well i hope to do better on wednesday next week...
Which school are you doing agriculture by correspondence at??? I am doing a subject by correspondance with Balranald Distance Education Centre
I got 96% in my agriculture trial. I was pretty happy with that. I thought the HSC exam was good. Not too hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)