• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Trial Results? (1 Viewer)

m3tt

HSC
Really

U got 93%? Gezz, i bombed out and got 54% not very well... lol
Got any pointers For the HSC?

fakingtheday

HSC
My teacher and i went through all the old papers so for the HSC i'd know your corrosion types and where they occur, etc. Be able to identify the anodic and cathodic regions and such. Also AC/DC motors hasn't been examined since the new syllabus.

There is always the old method of sections or method of joints, power questions etc. Know your environmental impacts and such and the roles of tele and aero engineers.

More on this later.

dodgeviper

HSC
i got 84% and a raw assesment mark of 92.25
test was aight, not to bad, though i looked at the cathloic paper which had some redicolous questions in it
i say learn ya
corrosion
materials properties
materials processes
maths questions
and deep knowledge of each core topic

flying_dragon

HSC
I got 80% for the Trial, and came 2nd in my class. The top mark in our class was 83.5%, and the average was around 60. For the yearly report, we all got scaled to bring the average into the 70-85% range, my final yearly report mark is 87.5%.

Our trial paper was pretty good, straightforward questions, simple drawing questions. Got thrown a bit on forming processes, though...

In addition to the stuff mentioned previously, I'd seriously revise my shear force/bending moment stuff, as well as the Stress/Strain and Load/extension graphs; how to label them and how to find info from them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)