Trials 2morrow Mornin Plz Help (1 Viewer)

HSC :(

hi
my trials r 2morrow morning and im comin across questions that are asking about print and screen generators.
plzzzz can someone explain what they are?
and also. the success one paper asks to draw this data flow disgram, but i looked at the answers and it was soooooooo complicated. liek when i mean complicated im talkin like 5 or 6 data flows altogether :O
plzzz someone help

Huy

HSC
N/A
Is this used in prototyping? Because screen dumps and user-friendly wizards are used in the prototyping process to simulate the 'real' system in use.

About the DFDs, don't worry about them. If you can show the flow of data between external entities, flow lines and data stores, that's all that they're looking for.

Remember, not every person will draw the same DFD/SFC in the same manner. Context diagrams will normally be the same, but they can also vary from person to person. If the system is THAT complex, then you won't see many students getting 6/6 for that question, maybe 3-4 marks out of the 6. But remember, DFDs are all about representing a system diagrammatically in terms of the data and the way in which it is 'flowing' through a system, from External Entity A, through to their process connecting via flow lines, stored via the Data Store and followed by another data flow line, to External Entity B.

:)

del

HSC
N/A
eh i didn't like the success one book for ipt... half the answers were irrelevant to the question being asked in the first place imho...

HSC :(

thanxxx soo much for the help but u didnt answer my question regardin definitions for screen and print generator
and one thing. do you all know how to do system flow charts?

Huy

HSC
N/A
I've never heard of a "screen and print generator" in my studies.

But my guess would be, that it is an application which can generate screen captures/grabs of various sections of a certain program. (It's a guess, but anything is better than nothing).

My guess (aforementioned) would be that it falls into the prototyping category of 'designing solutions'.

Yes, I know how to draw SFC's.
Learn all of the symbols, what they mean, and know how they are linked.

E.g. online input to manual input, to datastores, to paper printouts, etc.

Fply

Screen generator is actually a report generated by application like access then displays on the screen

Print generator is the same principal but displays on the paper

Huy

HSC
N/A
Luckily it wasn't asked in the exam, otherwise I would have screwed it up :D

*Shakes fist at the crappy 9600 bps question*
(Nobody uses 9600 baud anymore!!! Although heaps are still in 56Kbps)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
im guessing you mean screen prints..as in screen dumps? well you just press the prtscr button (next to scroll lock) then open your word/paint/whatever document and go ctrl V and whatever was on the screen when you took the screen dump will be pasted into the document

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Fply
Screen generator is actually a report generated by application like access then displays on the screen

Print generator is the same principal but displays on the paper
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
im guessing you mean screen prints..as in screen dumps? well you just press the prtscr button (next to scroll lock) then open your word/paint/whatever document and go ctrl V and whatever was on the screen when you took the screen dump will be pasted into the document
No, that's not what she was asking for. See Fply's post for the correct (textbook) response/definition. (abovementioned) ;)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by tigerboi
Huy is pronouned 'WEEEEEEEE' as in PEEEEEEE urineee!!
At least spell it correctly, pronounced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)