Trials And Hsc (1 Viewer)

limbo-gal

HSC
cem said:
The first mark is adjusted so that the range of marks and the total marks earned by the school/class/cohort are equal (at least the top mark will usually be the same and the bottom mark is often the same).
What would happen if student A was ranked last in a subject but then attained an average exam mark while student B was ranked average and then completely bombed the final exam? Would A's internal mark be as low as B's exam mark? Or does the scaling work on more of a standard deviation basis?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
limbo-gal said:
What would happen if student A was ranked last in a subject but then attained an average exam mark while student B was ranked average and then completely bombed the final exam? Would A's internal mark be as low as B's exam mark? Or does the scaling work on more of a standard deviation basis?
I'm pretty sure that A will get B's external mark as their internal mark.

The first and last external marks are the first and last internal marks, the ranks in between are done by obtaining the pool of marks and then spreading it out according to the margin between ranks.

limbo-gal

HSC
tommykins said:
I'm pretty sure that A will get B's external mark as their internal mark.

The first and last external marks are the first and last internal marks, the ranks in between are done by obtaining the pool of marks and then spreading it out according to the margin between ranks.

Thanks. That's what I thought, but I was just wondering if BoS was slightly more ... forgiving, I guess. Heh, oh well... there goes my HSC!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)