trials are in 2 days (1 Viewer)

brolee

HSC
trials are in 2 days and the first paper is english adv. I don't even have an Eliot essay yet. Someone please tell me it'll be ok. -actually no. please be realistic. am i screwed?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
While you are no longer in a position to thoroughly prepare for this component of your English Advanced trial exam, all is not lost. You can still somewhat prepare for it using the time that you have left. You could adopt one of the following two approaches:
  • If your initial plan was to have an essay prepared in advance, use the remaining time to prepare an essay. However, there are two potential problems with this approach, the first being that it is unclear whether you would be able to receive any feedback before your exam, leaving you without a guarantee that your essay is of good quality, especially if it is rushed. The second problem is that, unless you are good at memorising, you may not have enough time to memorise your essay. I would therefore only recommend this if you are able to receive and implement feedback at this stage and are confident in your ability to memorise and reproduce this essay on the day of this exam.
  • Use your notes and your understanding of the prescribed text and the relevant module to prepare for this component. If you have a good understanding of your prescribed text and module and have good notes to support you, you can use them, such as by memorising relevant techniques and quotes, to prepare for this component.
Beyond this point, if your plan is to prepare essays in advance, it is important to write one as well as seek and implement feedback so that you can effectively address this issue in preparation for your English Advanced HSC exam, the weighting of which will be much more significant than your trial exam.

I hope this helps! 😄

yang1209

HSC
Calm down, unless your school does things really differently, first day should be paper 1... So, don't panic, it is realistic that you can finish your Eliot essay in a day, and spend the rest of your time revising paper 1 exam techniques e.g., how to answer visual text and prose text comparative questions, past common mod essay questions etc. Have a look at the rubric for Mod B and past HSC questions before you start writing your Eliot essay. Good luck, you've got this.👍

raspberriesandpears

HSC
do you need to have an essay? if you have notes and quotes on poems/themes that should be fine - i don't usually go into the exam with anything more than that
+ if you don't have that yet it might be a lot easier for you to do/memorise before paper 2 and also you can more easily adapt your notes to the question

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
eh i mean i dont prepare essays at all, i just make sure i have lots of quotes and analysis for it.
do you have the quotes you will use planned out, or do you have so many and will just use relevant ones?

cvanderstel

HSC
i learnt 12 really solid quotes that sorta cover the majority of themes, some cover 2 or 3. economical because i cant remember an excessive number

yepImhere

HSC
well I'm not great at english but by my standards it went pretty well lmao😅, the essay question was nice and broad and the short answers weren't too bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)