TRIALS are OVER! (1 Viewer)

ben

Well, I just had the most hellish exam period ever... I always perform worst when things start getting semi-important!

My Summary:

English 1:
Typical paper 1. I did Section II last and ended up with 20 minutes left when I started. Otherwise not to drastic.

Design and Technology:
How could I forget the ethical rights and responsilibities of web designers! Well, it lost me about 2 marks. But since DT eaxm is only out of 40 marks - 2 marks it is equivalent of about loosing 20% in rank! Not to mention the marks I've lost in the stereotypically confusing multichoice.

English 2:
Well I'm sure I won't do well with my 1 and a 1/2 page, no quotes, King Lear essay.

Business Studies:
Why is there so much content in this course! Well short answers were OK, but my Section III and IV are totally screwed. I really don't see why designing a business report in 35 minutes is a skill that people in the industry actually use, especially when the Hypothetic business is on something really tacky.

Mathematics:
Everything I could of expected. An OK question 1-8, with the odd "what the?"... and a very tough 9-10 that I'm likely to loose a lot of marks in.

Physics:
Possible the worst exam. The concepts weren't hard - it's just I crammed physics the day before, and couldn't remember a thing. I got stuck particularly on the maths questions that need formuals NOT on the formala sheet, and long questions about explaining how things like Loudspeakers work...

Ancient History:
OK, definitely the worst exam. Anyone who does history will understand the difficulty of writing an exam on topics you haven't studied at all. Well, I suffered TWO of those - 2 pages each, no quotes, no arguement - pure patheticness. I'm pretty disappointed because before the exam I knew I had to study these topics - just ran out of time. Being my last exam, it seemed impossible to be prepared, despite starting notes in the holidays. At least I managed to produce 4 pages on the political significant of Amenhotep's and Ramesses II's building program (whatever it was).

What now? I have two weeks until my major work is due for DT! Definitely lots of late nights and "sick" days up ahead. Probabaly start studying week 7 or 8.

Was anyone's Trials as bad as mine?

Well ben I can definitely relate, this has got to be the worst time in my life, and I mean ever, I just had 4unit maths exam today and it was a total bitch of an exam, I hope i get in the 60s but thats just hoping, well as for 3unit and phys and chem they are all next week and I'm just about to lose it, but other than that everything is just fine.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
haha...yeh pretty shit too, lots of cramming and late nighters/all-nighters. but i found out that if you throw up in the morning after an all-nighter you feel a lot better...hehe

yeh i know how you feel...i've got an english and art major work due really soon, and im almost literally pissing my pants. i have not started english yet and i still have to take photo's and print them for my art...omg i am so fucked im scared that im not gonna finish them in time...

which means that i prolly SHOULD stop bloody msging on these boards.. but argh what the hell. talking to people about how little time i have left to do my major works is much more productive than actually doing the major works...ha.

Originally posted by johnson
haha...yeh pretty shit too, lots of cramming and late nighters/all-nighters. but i found out that if you throw up in the morning after an all-nighter you feel a lot better...hehe

yeh i know how you feel...i've got an english and art major work due really soon, and im almost literally pissing my pants. i have not started english yet and i still have to take photo's and print them for my art...omg i am so fucked im scared that im not gonna finish them in time...

which means that i prolly SHOULD stop bloody msging on these boards.. but argh what the hell. talking to people about how little time i have left to do my major works is much more productive than actually doing the major works...ha.
[/QU

hahaha lol so ture , talking to others abotu how much you're screwed is probably a good way to release some tension but I know what I'm capable of and have manged in the past to pull off some amazing shit like in my half yearlies I walked into my chem exam knowing jack shit and got about 83% so I figure well if i do some studying i just migth be able to get higher, so I did but shit my trial is on wed for chem and i'm suppose to cover the first half of my option well looks like really late nights ahead for me, anywayz who needs sleep i'm not a fken bear in hibernation rather i see myself as an owl?????

Last edited:

ben

Originally posted by johnson
yeah, i'm not going to finish either! i need to send my completed folio to a damn printing company to get it printed in A3 - which means I need to have it ready like a few days earlier... so, basically i have less than 1 and 1/2 weeks!!

SaveFerris

My trials are over!! Of course, they only started on Monday but thanks to a dodgy timetable I had six exams in five days with my last one (maths) today. It does mean that I get next week off...not exactly a holiday, though, when I have some intense last minute work to do on an Eng Ext 2 major work and an assessment for Society & Culture due the following week.

My worst exam was Society & Culture...was really not expecting such a difficult paper...then again, I suppose if I had studied instead of watching "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" the night before I could've done better. Best exam...ha...there's no such thing when looking back at some of the stuff I wrote in the last week!

I'll be lucky to get over 80% in any of my exams...and to think that my half-yearlies ranged from 90% to 98%...my care factor has totally plummeted...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by SaveFerris

I'll be lucky to get over 80% in any of my exams...and to think that my half-yearlies ranged from 90% to 98%...my care factor has totally plummeted...
yup, i so agree with you. i did pretty well in english in year 11, but in year 12 i got even lazier and lazier, so for 2u, and 3u eng too actually, i just don't give a shit how i go anymore. once you've fucked up most of your assessments care factor ==> big fat 0!

SkAnDi

HSC
Trials are sooo NOT OVER!

But at least i can give my hand a break now ;) 3 exams, 60 written pages. Rather scary what you can achieve under pressure!

2 more weeks, 2 maths, and 2 sciences to go.

*sigh*

ben

Originally posted by SaveFerris
My trials are over!! Of course, they only started on Monday but thanks to a dodgy timetable I had six exams in five days with my last one (maths) today. It does mean that I get next week off...not exactly a holiday, though, when I have some intense last minute work to do on an Eng Ext 2 major work and an assessment for Society & Culture due the following week.

My worst exam was Society & Culture...was really not expecting such a difficult paper...then again, I suppose if I had studied instead of watching "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" the night before I could've done better. Best exam...ha...there's no such thing when looking back at some of the stuff I wrote in the last week!

90% -> 98% in semester 1!!! How the hell did you do that!

Morgues

English paper 1 was good, nice and easy

English Paper 2 I virtually only studied the 1 day for this one and while I feel I did 3 crap essays english is such a subject that even when you write crap there is a chance you might still get a good mark......so im just keeping my fingers crossed

IPT - Wasn't to bad, just BS throughout and while I didn't have any idea for a few questions I should do ok

SDD - Was very hard but I was pleased with my answers......not sure why

3 unit Maths- 1 night cram for maths is not good but by some miracle I think I will get around 60% which should be a lot better then others

2 unit maths - was easy, hope i didnt make silly mistakes

Physics - breezed through the main core section but Astrophysics was very difficult though and involved me trying to remmember what I learnt in year 8 as I didn't bother learning the star life cycle

Results should be interesting

Last edited:

Alex

hmmm, im still in my first week and ive had 5 exams, 2 more next week

English 1 - Wasn't so bad, ran out of bloody time in section 3 and only included one supplementary material, arghh

IPT - If you know how to bullshit you did fine, I think I know how to.

Maths - I hate my school, they seem to enjoy making our maths exams harder than everyone elses, saying that, I think I did ok

Economics - Argh, this was a biatch of an exam, I don't know if my bullshitting will get me 85+

English 2 - This was a ripper, loved it, and I hope that the HSC exam is similar

Next week I have my Legal and ext1 english exams :(

Sarah J

HSC
The only exam I screwed up was Italian. I guess it would help if i was able to actually speak it. I couldn't remember any words at all!!!!!!!!! lol. I'll try and actually study for the HSC exam. I just couldn't help it though, my TV was beckoning me!!!!!!!!!:D

Tegan

ohmigod, shut up!!!!!!! mine havent even statred yet!!!! hey does anyone have any tips for the independant trail papers???:confused:

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
my trials are....OVER!!!!!!

oh boy that sucked.....10days of hell...

i failed...chem, maths, legal, english oh what the hell i failed them all!!!!

i even managed to write a 1 and 1/2 page essay on emma and clueless....i've never seen the movie and never read the book and dont even know who the characters are!!!

very well done there i think..

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm
Ive done 1 week of trials:

English 1: Pretty good exam, questions were easy and predictable, except i dont think my composition was sophisticated enough

2U Maths: very easy, compared with last yr's HSC exam, so that mite be a bad thing. I might get close to 90% if i dont have too many stupid mistakes

English 2: The exam itself was easy, but didnt study enough, and so my result should show this

Economics: Harder than i thought, not enough preperation, so i definatley wont get over 85 for that...my essays were weak

1 week over....now bring on 3U math and Physics!

Coffee_Fan

Wait for the dark
FINISHED!!!

WELL I MUST SAY I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRICKEN HAPPY THAT THEY ARE ALLLLL OVER. WELL ATLEAST FOR ANOTHER 60 SOMETHING DAYS.
AS FAR AS HOW I WENT?? I THINK I WENT OK. I DON'T USUALLY CRAM, BUT I CRAMMED FOR JUST ABOUT ALL OF THESE, AND I MUST SAY THAT CRAMMING ACTUALLY WORKED!! (I'M HOPING)

ENGLISH PAPERS 1 AND 2?? THEY WERE FUCKED. AREA OF STUDY WAS OK, ADVANCED WAS SHIT, BUT IT WASN'T ASSESSABLE

3UNIT? GOOD PAPER, I STUDIED HARD FOR THAT THOUGH

STUDIES OF RELIGION? YEAH, IT WAS OK

BUSINESS STUDIES? GOOD PAPER, SOME QUESTIONS WERE FUCKED, BUT I THINK I WENT WELL

2 UNIT MATHS?? HEHEHHEHEHE

GEOGRAPHY? LOVED IT, PROBABLY THE EASIEST I THINK, I WROTE SOOOOOO MUCH

ANYWAYS, I HAVE 28 SCHOOL DAYS LEFT UNITL WE SIT OUR FIRST EXAM!! SEEYAZ ALL, MY MAJOR WORK FOR 4UNIT ENGLISH IS DUE IN 8 DAYS, KINDA HAVEN'T DONE MUCH

SEEYAZ

Dario

HSC
Originally posted by Tegan
ohmigod, shut up!!!!!!! mine havent even statred yet!!!! hey does anyone have any tips for the independant trail papers???:confused:
Yeah, I mean, everyone here has finished their Independent trials !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)