• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Trials - Lets Help Each Other Out (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
As this seems to be the first year of Journeys, wouldnt we all benifit by sharing questions we got on our Trial/Half Yearly about Journeys. I've got my CSSA Trial on Monday and will be posting the question straight away (if I can remember it), but untill then, anyone thats done a Trial/Half yearly, POST THE QUESTION HERE.

Thanks

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Has anyone going to a Catholic school gotten any indication about what is (or isn't) on this years CSSA english trial?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Nope, our teachers our tight lipped, only the subject co-ordinators get to see the Trials

KiZZoR

I"m not sure exactly what the question would be, but i think the bottom line would be how journeys create change, and how they shape meaning to the responder..

We had to do an essay last yr (yr11), and the stuff we would be tested on was our ability to illustrate the relationships between the composer, responder, and the character...

Don't quote me on it, but that's all i can remember.. Sorry if i wasn't any help.

=JZ=

My Area of Study Trial in my own words. Section 1 and 2 is basically the same as all past HSC papers. Section 3 is different as they give you a statement, and you will have to argue it. Past papers' section is like section 2.

Section 1 (15 marks)
3 texts for you to read
2 questions for text 1 (2 marks each)
2 questions for text 2 (2 marks each)
1 question for text 3 (2 marks)
1 question for text1, 2 and 3 (5 marks)

Section 2 (15 marks)
Write a feature article about a journey you made up. The title of the feature article have to be "An Unexpected Journey".

Section 3 (15 marks)
"Journeys often leads to a greater sense of self"

Discuss this statement using your texts.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
CSSA TRIALS 2004 - Paper 1

CSSA TRIALS 2004 - Paper 1

Question 1:

The Basic Comprehension, with four unseen texts (book review, photo, poem and prose)

Question 2:

Chose ONE or more of the stimulus materials provided on page 9 (**) to write about a journey.

Reflect on this journey in a series of journal entries

The Journey may be actual or imagined

**Stimulus:
- Are we there yet?
- I came to the Himalayas to conquer Kopra Ridge but what I really conquered was myself
- The Imagination can journey where the body cannot
- It takes courage to stay on the road that leads to somewhere
- Did you ever put one foot in front of the other without the slightest notion of where you're going

Question 3:

"The Journey leads to greater understanding"

Discuss how this greater understanding is represented by composers in different ways. In your answer, make close reference to your perscribed text, ONE text from the BoS Booklet 'Journeys' and additional texts of your own choosing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)