Trials- Prac (1 Viewer)

dansnation

So how did everyone go of the people that have done it.
We had ours externally marked, and we had to do to pieces..

For one piece i got 19 and 19, and the other one 17, and 18.

zoe

i did all my peices (guitar and one bass) last friday but I havn't go my results back. Have you seen the standards package, its a joke. They emphasise more on expression than talent

dansnation

yeh i was told that before i performed.. so i exagerated my expression to the bullshit.. it must have worked, cos i wasnt realy ready to perform.

dissonance

yeah...thats why they call it a "performance" assessment. The point is to perform and communicate with the audience. It's cool to make a mistake just so long as you make sure no one else realises' you've done it.

Quite a good life lesson I think...;)

I do percussion, but since I had broken my wrist I had to get by with only one week of practice before my music 2 trail performances...

I'm happy with my marks when I take into account my conditions leading up to it. Got a 16 and two 17s out of 20. - 17 being the top band.

Now the musicology/aural skills trial this afternoon was not at all pleasent. Don't have a particularly good feeling about how that went......

dissonance

oh yeah our performances were externally marked, and in front of an audience as well....

what instrument do you play dansnation? Which music course do you take?

dansnation

i take music one, and play the drums.

our aural exam was pretty weird aswell, some "different" exerpts.. and a question which asked to relate to EVERY concept of music. not sure how i went in that really..

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by dissonance
It's cool to make a mistake just so long as you make sure no one else realises' you've done it.
That's easier said than done!

I guess that would take a lot of practice too. When I make a mistake I usually lose my place in the music, so therefore I have to stop.

LOL. It's all nerves I guess.

dissonance

Angelic; Do you have accompaniment playing with you?

If so you just have to remember that every note you play is right (no matter how wrong it is) if it gets stuffed up and you're expression doesn't change it makes it look like its the accompniment thats stuffing up and not you - ie. don't make those facial expressions that you make when you mess up...

---it also helps if your playing atonal music...

zoe

Yeh if you go to your docter, ask them for something for nerves. I got this 'betabloc' stuff and it stops the effects of adrenaline (your heart racing) on the rest of your body. So for shaky hands or things like that its really good

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by dissonance
Angelic; Do you have accompaniment playing with you?
Yup :D
I have my friend Petite accompanying me on the piano for my trials.

So you're telling me that all I have to do, is blame the accompaniment when I make a mistake? Hehehe i.e Petty

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks :D
I hope you don't mind Pet :(

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by zoe
Yeh if you go to your docter, ask them for something for nerves. I got this 'betabloc' stuff and it stops the effects of adrenaline (your heart racing) on the rest of your body. So for shaky hands or things like that its really good
Betabloc... Hmmm...

My Music teacher tells us that, that adrenaline is actually good for our performance.

I think she's wrong though. Coz when you have nerves you are no longer confident in yourself, and you NEED to be confident in yourself in order to be able to perform well.

What do you guys think?

dissonance

Yep...just blame petite!

but seriously, do you get what I mean? If you keeping looking confident, like you know what you're doing how are the markers going to know that you playing a wrong note?

zoe

Nervs are bad, trust me. It is so easy to stuff up when your nervouse.
When you are relaxed you can do your performance without even thinking:p

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by zoe
Nervs are bad, trust me. It is so easy to stuff up when your nervouse.
When you are relaxed you can do your performance without even thinking:p
LOL u can say that again!

It's very very true!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)