Trials Results (1 Viewer)

Studly.McGee

Banned
HSC
English, eh?

I did the same paper as Shrikar, as we found out. :p

Area of Study:
Section 1: 12/15

This was a rather interesting mark. We got quite a long and difficult section 1, with 4 texts, and 3 that were a page long. The big question was only a 5-marker, however that was not where I lost my marks. I lost my marks on the 2 easiest questions of the paper - the first 2. I wrote completely shit and unexplained responses for the first 2 questions, and got 4/5 for the final question. I did better than I expected for everything else, seeing as i got full marks for it all except those 3 questions.

Section 2: 13/15
This was also unexpected. Before the exam, I had half a response written, which had been praised heartily by the very teacher who marked it. I managed to extend it and kill off the main character, as one does.

Section 3: 12/15
I was slightly disappointed with this mark, but I probably deserved it. There were a few inconsistencies in my response, and the head teacher marked it, a guy renowned for his insane marking. I probably should have written around 2 more pages than I did - 6 isn't really enough, but still, I did better than a lot of the class.

Total: 37/45.
I got lucky.

Paper 2:
I don't like to make excuses, but this exam was the day after Extension 2 was due and I was literally only kept awake by the 3 cans of V I had before the exam. Add this to the massive caffeine crash I had in the middle of my King Lear essay (the first one I did) and the complete mental blank I experienced during the period from the start of reading time to the end of the exam (co-incidental, yes) and I was pretty happy to scrape 50% from the exam.

Module A - Brave New World/Blade Runner - 12/20
Quite happy with this. Not only did I not study any of my notes for this, I also momentarily forgot how to write the letter J during this section.

Module B - King Lear - 10/20
Um. This was an optimistic representation of what I wrote for this. No textual evidence, just a rant about King Lear's lack of textual integrity.

Module C - Frontline - 10/20
This was probably my only prepared essay out of the 3, and it was only a half essay at that. I thought it wasn't too bad - a bit better than a 10, however it was marked by my Extension teacher and she marks me very hard, for some reason.

Total: 32/60.
Bahahahahahahaha. I deserved this.

Last edited:

ssglain

HSC
McGee:
With that flare, I trust you will own Ext-2.
(In a positively encouraging, non-sarcastic sense. Honest.)

---

I'll join in the commiseration over out English marks. I'm quite happy with Paper 1 because I got the highest marks in the year for Sections 1 & 2, but then the happiness stops right there.

Paper 1
Comprehension: 17/20
Creative Writing: 19/20
AOS Essay: 16/20
I don't know why they were out of 20 instead of 15. The essay could have been good, too. Sigh. They deducted 3 marks from everyone who included only one related text when question said to "discuss *insert crap* with reference to related textS". Does any one know if they've ever done that in the HSC?

Paper 2
Mod A (Hamlet/RAGAD): 16/20
Mod B (Wuthering Heights): 15/20
Mod C (Frontline): 16/20
I totally give up on Mod B and I'll be more than happy if that's what I get for it in the HSC. But Mods A & C were very disappointing because I used to get 18+/20 essays for them. I'll work harder.

So overall I got 99/120 which calculates to 83%. Bah. I don't know what my trial rank is because our English faculty only ever shows cumulative ranks, but from the discussions among ourselves, I think about 8th/95. My final rank is still 4th/95, thankfully.

Last edited:

mable

HSC
I honestly have no freaking clue how I managed that mark for english...Our teachers told us not to use study guides to base ur essays but what did I do...used study guides..I read possibly one chapter of Emma and watched two episodes of frontline frontline was the only part i didnt use a study guide for...
AOS
Comprehension 12/15
Creative 15/15
analytical 14/15

Emma/Clueless 18/20
King Lear 20/20
Frontline 19/20
even more amazing because I was coming 21st out of 45..my trial rank was equal 1st im not sure what my overall rank is... so if I get this sort of mark in the exam but everything else I (hopefully) average 70's or 80's what would I expect my UAI to be..

Studly.McGee

Banned
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Really?? That means the same as me too. :)
Hahaha, indeed it does.

I'm so suprised at my section 1 in paper one though, that thing was looong.

williams180

HSC
Trials

Economics 97/100 - 1st
Geography 90/100 - 1st
Business 83/100 -1st
Gen maths 75/100 - 2nd
Eng Adv 69/105 - 10-15 range out of 100

ssglain

HSC
mable said:
AOS
Comprehension 12/15
Creative 15/15
analytical 14/15

Emma/Clueless 18/20
King Lear 20/20
Frontline 19/20
Hey those marks are fantastic! Good luck & I hope you will maintain or even surpass those in the HSC.

HSC
English Advanced- Overall assesment rank- 2/75 Exam- 78 %
Assesment mark- 82 %
General Maths- Overall assesment rank- 2/180 Exam- 78 %
Assesment mark- 82
It Grpahics- Overall assesment rank- 1/30 Exam- 81%
Assesment mark- 92 %
Physics- Exam rank- 4/35 Exam- 75 %
Assesment mark- 78 %
Ancient History- Overall assesment rank- 4 Exam- 85 %
Assesment mark- 82 %
Visual Arts- Exam Rank- 2 Exam- 90 %
Assesment mark- 94 %

Will I get over 80 UAI and would anyone be able to work out a rough estimate of what my UAI may be?

sayrah64

HSC
wow. mine are too bad to post up :mad1: . congrats to everyone who did well though!

littlemaster

HSC
mable said:
I honestly have no freaking clue how I managed that mark for english...Our teachers told us not to use study guides to base ur essays but what did I do...used study guides..I read possibly one chapter of Emma and watched two episodes of frontline frontline was the only part i didnt use a study guide for...
AOS
Comprehension 12/15
Creative 15/15
analytical 14/15

Emma/Clueless 18/20
King Lear 20/20
Frontline 19/20
even more amazing because I was coming 21st out of 45..my trial rank was equal 1st im not sure what my overall rank is... so if I get this sort of mark in the exam but everything else I (hopefully) average 70's or 80's what would I expect my UAI to be..

yeah, those marks are awsum!!

my english breakdown:eek:verall; shouldve done better

Paper 1: short ans. = 12/15 { silly mistakes, i only did 2 technique's for 2 mark questions, and turned out one was crap, and got 4/5 for the biggie}

creative = 8/15
BUH!!!!!!!it couldnt have been that bad?? Our harshest marker did mark it, but i believed i deserved atleast 11...............this killed me!

essay: 14/15 - happy, i like journeys....but i need to make it 15/15 material

Paper 2:

Critical Studies{Yeats} - 16.5/20 : happy, but i need 18+
Transformations(Hamlet}- 17/20: happy, but need refining
Truth(Frontline) - 16.5/20: happy, but again, need 18+, i need to get better supp. texts.....i think i found one yesty, so thats one thing done

Overall: 80% { if only i had gotten a good creative mark.........}

flowerpower89

HSC
congrats kloudsurfer.... if i were u id be doing cartwheels!!

my results:

CAFS: 92% (first)
VA: 98% (second)
DRAMA: one A and one B (first)
MATH: 45% ... i know i failed but i came 2nd!!! very difficult exam
SC: 85% (second)
ADV. ENGLISH: oh my god..... i failed the short answer part. got a B for creative writing (worked so hard on that).. got 14/15 for AOS essay and we'r still waiting for module results...

if i had one wish it would be for the gift to write as beautifully as Vladimir Nabokov.

37 days till HSC :( :( :( any reassuring comforts are most welcome!!!

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
THE KING OF MFHS PHYSICS 07 is here. Forbidden dramatisation.

English Standard:
Mark: 71%

Mathematics:
Mark: 68%

Mathematics Extension 1:
Mark: 64%

IPT:
Mark: 95%

Physics:
Mark: 78%

Chemistry:
Mark: 74%

Kmara2nv

HSC
Maths 2 unit-70% (highst was 80) i came third in year

maths 3 unit-40% (highest was 50%) i came last in year lol (only 3 kids)

english adv- dont kno yet but around mid 60s

bio-79 came 4th in year

chemistry- 70% 1st in year

IPT- 80% 1st in year

good luckk kids

xD LOL xD

pulsatile
HSC
sayrah64 said:
wow. mine are too bad to post up :mad1: . congrats to everyone who did well though!
<3 your sig :uhhuh::D

Woah everyone is doing soooooooo spectacularly!! Keep it up peoples. :p

xD LOL xD

pulsatile
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
So did you :uhhuh:
BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
:rofl: Oh you're a funny one ;)

One last assignement. Due tomorrow. That is all.

miss-smexy

HSC
omg wow everyone is doing so well. I feel so inadequate =|

These are my marks:

Ancient history - 94/100 (first)

Ext history - 38/50 (??)

Advanced English - 70-something (our school marks so hard! =| do you think we'll get scaled up significantly? )

English ext 1 - 29/50 (omg what a crap mark but i came 2nd and the person hu came first got 39/50) =|

Business Studies - 80/100 (??)

shut up

ruler of all
somewhere inside a rainbow wondering what im doing
HSC
whoa, is ur ext 1 teacher nasty r is ur cohort average? out of r 8 ppl, who basically studied on the day of the exam, r lowest mark was 37/50, top 42/50, and im still not sure what the essay question actually was

and i do agree. im in the top 3 rankings in 11 out of 12 units but these marks posted seriously make me feel inadequate because my class is small and average

miss-smexy

HSC
shut up said:
whoa, is ur ext 1 teacher nasty r is ur cohort average? out of r 8 ppl, who basically studied on the day of the exam, r lowest mark was 37/50, top 42/50, and im still not sure what the essay question actually was

and i do agree. im in the top 3 rankings in 11 out of 12 units but these marks posted seriously make me feel inadequate because my class is small and average
woahh... 37 was the lowest mark?

My extension one teacher tells our class how not many people get top bands in the hsc. Most of our grade failed. I don't know whether its just our class, or if our essays are actually of a crappy standard?!

My tutor, however, told me that like on a graph, most ext one students fall in the top band. He showed me his hsc cert and yeh... the graph looked that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)